Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Virgin Mike '35 build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Virgin Mike '35 build

Virgin Mike ’35 Build Thread:

A bit about me. My first car was a ’34 Vicky. with a small block Chevy, about 60years ago. I wanted a hot rod but what I could afford was a Jalopy, with mechanical brakes.
    A few years later I ordered my first new car a 1965 Mustang convertible with a high performance 289, four speed; dark green with biscuit leather interior, etc; I left for Marine Corps boot camp the next day secure in the knowledge I would have my dream ride when I returned six months later. Upon my return my car had not come in and the only Mustang available in northern California that day was a red covert. with a six and a 3 speed. I took it. The ladies loved it so it was OK. kinda. This build is something I have been looking for ever since

the build
    ’35 gen 2 kit, full dress, 18” wire wheels; 347 BluePrint engine, with 5 speed, Maser rear end, Wliewood brakes

The rear end and brakes arrived first, mounted the rear brakes and inventoried my tools as I waited,
    the big day arrived along with Hurricane Dorian, we escaped untouched but our delivery truck had to go around the storm and couldn’t make a delivery to the affected area.

Our kit arrived in 30 boxes plus chasses and body parts. did a cursory inventory and separated all bare metal for powder coating and body parts for prepping

Fitted the firewall and marked up for drilling. The two lower pieces don’t seem to fit into place but they do go WITHOUT forcing, its just a real tricky maneuver.

Got coated parts back; and along with chassis put everything in spray booth and gave everything a coat of Awlgrip clear with just a tad of green pearl added

My not-so-silent partner, son-in-law has a yacht refinishing business, so he is getting all the body, fenders etc blocked and primed to be ready when needed.

Week two will begin assembly
    IMG_1267.jpgIMG_1308.jpgIMG_1291.jpg
    Last edited by VIRGIN MIKE; 09-16-2019 at 12:22 AM. Reason: add pics

2. Likes Alaskan, ztoolman44 liked this post