Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum Performance / Availability

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by progmgr1 View Post
    David,
    I was able to connect to the site this evening with no problems, but the format radically changed? Is there any way to return to the way the forum looked previously? (I know this is a minor issue compared to the dragons you're trying to slay, but the new format is difficult for me to navigate.)
    Thanks for all you do to keep the forum alive and well!
    Keith
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Um, no changes at all, cosmetically speaking...

Dave,

So far so good. I saw a couple of HTML formatting errors, too. Refreshed the page and everything looks fine. Thanks for getting us up and running again. I was lost all day yesterday!

Dave
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Now I'm seeing formatting issues that won't clear up with a refresh. Logged off and back in -- no change. Tried both MS Edge and IE browsers - both have the same issue.
    Last edited by Papa; 12-16-2019 at 10:34 PM.

Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    The new format is rather difficult to navigate. Sounds like some testing is being done, thanks for the work!
    Coupe Kit Delivered 11/10/23

Roadster Build thread: 2019-2022 https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...4-Build-Thread

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah.. same here... I can't make out this format at all
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Post Thanks / Like
    Main page formatting is fine, each thread is a bit of a mess though....
    Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    The format and functionality of the album section has also been affected. Works, but I suspect most may not like to new functionality.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a new iPhone XR plus an IOS update tonight.
    Not sure if it’s the XR, the update or the forum but it’s definitely a bit of a change.
    Still happy it’s back up. Thanks again David!
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well......I’m getting a partial webpage upload. I can’t get the entire page to load correctly.

FB86156F-0BB4-49C4-BBF6-F14F3FED704C.png

9. Likes shmelty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back on my laptop and everything is back to the familiar formatting and the forum is FAST.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    David, Just tried to upload pics to my photo gallery. Doesn't work. Might want to check it out. Thanks.
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I created a new thread to discuss the new issues but that would just create two threads on the issue so I deleted it.

So,

We made a routing change yesterday to deal with the service errors we have been seeing lately. It appears there were some side effects. I've heard of two so far, the first being an overall forum style change, and the second is a problem with the gallery.

re: formatting, I'd like to ask those who are seeing the format change to test to see if you are in mobile mode. Scroll to the bottom of this thread and look to see if there is a "FULL SITE" link. If so, you are in mobile mode and clicking the link will restore desktop mode.

re: Gallery issues, I am seeing them too and will work on them today. Plan on not being able to upload all day today as it will be hours before I can address the issue.

Please post feedback and I'll patch things up as fast as possible.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    After more testing it looks like some CSS is being blocked.

Working that issue...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    I created a new thread to discuss the new issues but that would just create two threads on the issue so I deleted it.

re: formatting, I'd like to ask those who are seeing the format change to test to see if you are in mobile mode. Scroll to the bottom of this thread and look to see if there is a "FULL SITE" link. If so, you are in mobile mode and clicking the link will restore desktop mode.
    I can confirm that I have the issue in the FULL SITE mode. Also, Safari and Chrome both have the same funky format.
    Main Page seems fine, but when you click on this thread it has the bad format shown earlier in this thread.

Hope this is helpful info.

Post Thanks / Like
    David, thanks for the tip on the Full Site link. I was able to toggle between the different modes (I was originally in desktop mode) and the format changes but there is no mode I can select that returns to the original format before the latest changes that seems to have fixed the site accessibility issues.

If it ain't one thing, it's three others... Don't give up.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

Post Thanks / Like
    I can toggle between mobile and desktop with no problem. Folks may need to clear their browser's cache to get things looking right again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just signed on at work, using Chrome, full site mode and the thread looks fine now.
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks fine on my phone, but logged in from work and can't get the Default Style to load correctly. The mobile style is fine. Cleared the cache, closed the browser, same results. In Edge, the Forums display looks good, but Latest Posts are unformatted. Looks fine on my phone using Chrome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Format looks like it's back to normal and the gallery functionality appears to be working (haven't tried posting a photo).

And I didn't clear my cache (whatever that is) and wouldn't know how to so I figure David must have found the problem and fixed it.

Round of applause for David!

Post Thanks / Like
    I also changed modes on my XR and it is back to the normal formatting. I haven't tried to work with the gallery but everything else looks good.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    David, Just uploaded pics without a problem. Thanks
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035

Post Thanks / Like
    David,
    I tried to log on at about 2:55 PST today and twice got the following error message:
    Error 522 Ray ID: 546c8cb02d8bd34a • 2019-12-17 23:06:47 UTC
    Connection timed out

Then I was able to log in at about 3:10 and everything worked well - even back to the old format. For reference, I'm using MS Edge - if that makes any difference.
    Thanks again for pounding these issues into submission.
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I configured something wrong on and it was causing issues since my last post to this thread on the 17th.

As of noon today we should REALLY be good to go.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!!

24. Likes Higgybulin, Aircontroller, Snakely liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just noticed a new issue. Can't help but wonder if it's something to do with the recent issues here and what corrections may have been made. I have all my Coupe build pictures hosted on this side in "My Albums." Then link the pics into my build thread. Works great and very happy with this approach. I've also been keeping a parallel build thread on the other forum and the picture album links have always worked there as well. This was suggested and successfully tested a couple years ago. Today I looked at my Coupe build thread on the other forum, and the pictures don't appear. Including in an update I just posted. That site has undergone a major change, as everyone certainly knows. But the pictures were showing there as of a couple days ago.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Just noticed a new issue. Can't help but wonder if it's something to do with the recent issues here and what corrections may have been made. I have all my Coupe build pictures hosted on this side in "My Albums." Then link the pics into my build thread. Works great and very happy with this approach. I've also been keeping a parallel build thread on the other forum and the picture album links have always worked there as well. This was suggested and successfully tested a couple years ago. Today I looked at my Coupe build thread on the other forum, and the pictures don't appear. Including in an update I just posted. That site has undergone a major change, as everyone certainly knows. But the pictures were showing there as of a couple days ago.
    I'm betting their site doesn't support BB code-based file URLs, or has them set to non-public. We and Club Cobra, as well as FFCars before this switch, all ran public BB code Galleries. I haven't tried to use FFCars's gallery since they switched forum software. I'll look into it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've received two reports about users being blocked from posting by firewall. I got the message via PM and email. If you are having this issue please send me a PM or use the contact us page to let me know. Send a screenshot of the error if possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Looks like they are still supporting BB code image sharing from their site. Here is an from FFCars that should work:

I ran a test attempting to show images from this site and Club Cobra. Club Cobra images are ALLOWED, images from this site ARE NOT ALLOWED.

That's a shot fired over the bow folks. I've posted over there asking for TFFF support. If they refuse, I am inclined to reciprocate. Hopefully they come around and image hosting will remain open across all our favorite sites!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like they are still supporting BB code image sharing from their site. Here is an from FFCars that should work:

I ran a test attempting to show images from this site and Club Cobra. Club Cobra images are ALLOWED, images from this site ARE NOT ALLOWED.

That's a shot fired over the bow folks. I've posted over there asking for TFFF support. If they refuse, I am inclined to reciprocate. Hopefully they come around and image hosting will remain open across all our favorite sites!

Hopefully they will make the necessary change. Otherwise I'll just stop posting there. Interesting because (1) It was working up until several days ago, so somebody made a change, (2) When in edit mode, the links work and the pictures show. Including in preview. But when you save and post, they don't show in the published update. So the URL is obviously there and connecting. Just blocked from the actual post as you describe.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had the same issues on and off for a while now. But While aggravating, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

It's growing pains as FFR and the forum get busier. With the Ford-vs.-Ferrari movie out, I suspect things will get even busier. And that's a good thing. The busier FFR is, the more successful they become, and that's good for all of us. Especially if they keep the same demeanor in helping, treating, and being personable with their customers. I want FFR around for a long time because I intend to keep on building and wrenching on their cars. So if it's good for them, it's good for us. However, as mentioned, there are growing pains. You can't get bigger, better or stronger without them.
    FFR MKIV ordered 12 July 2019. IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 18" Wheels w/MT tires, power steering, EFI, Heat. 347 Dart w/TKO-600 by Mike Forte, Holley FI, MSD coil and CD box. All new, no donor build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Just had issues for about an hour.

The site wouldn't load correctly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Experienced this issue for a little while today....

Screenshot_20191230-073358_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul, just curious most of your pictures are not showing up on this forum now. Any idea why and will they ever be available again ?
    Mk4 9735 complete kit delivered 11/29/19 Gen 3 Coyote, Tremec TKO 600, Moser 3.55 First start June 25, 2020 First Go Cart July 20, 2020

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jryasko View Post
    Paul, just curious most of your pictures are not showing up on this forum now. Any idea why and will they ever be available again ?
    The pictures I have hosted on this site (e.g. my Coupe build plus a few others) are fine. The ones that aren't showing (e.g. 20th Anniversary build, #7750 build) are hosted in Photobucket. They had a service issue some days ago, which I reported to them. Said it was supposed to be resolved soon, but obviously not yet. I just sent their support another message. Not sure how optimistic I am to be honest. That site has gotten very unreliable, and I have way too many pictures to re-load and re-link. Not good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The pictures I have hosted on this site (e.g. my Coupe build plus a few others) are fine. The ones that aren't showing (e.g. 20th Anniversary build, #7750 build) are hosted in Photobucket. They had a service issue some days ago, which I reported to them. Said it was supposed to be resolved soon, but obviously not yet. I just sent their support another message. Not sure how optimistic I am to be honest. That site has gotten very unreliable, and I have way too many pictures to re-load and re-link. Not good.
    I put a post up in the "complainer" thread that the admins over there were responding to but they have ignored my post. If you want to chime in as well (again) that would help. They have blocked all images from THIS site, which I imagine took some programming to do, so it isn't just a passive thing. Images from CC are still showing up there, but not those from here.

Paul, your build threads are among the very best out there. Maybe they will listen to you. I don't want to ruffle any feathers over there...

Post Thanks / Like
    I put a post up in the "complainer" thread that the admins over there were responding to but they have ignored my post. If you want to chime in as well (again) that would help. They have blocked all images from THIS site, which I imagine took some programming to do, so it isn't just a passive thing. Images from CC are still showing up there, but not those from here.

Paul, your build threads are among the very best out there. Maybe they will listen to you. I don't want to ruffle any feathers over there...

Thanks for the generous comment David. Actually there are two different issues here. (1) Photobucket, where I have a paid account to keep my picture links active, had some sort of technical issue and now my three Roadster build threads no longer display the Photobucket images. I reported to them a week ago and was told it would be resolved. I reported again today, and was told my account was still one of the ones not working, but that it would be resolved. I can't see any of the pictures either, even when logged directly into my Photobucket account. I'll stay on them. (2) My Coupe build has all the pictures hosted on this site in my personal gallery. They link and show properly on the Coupe thread on this forum. But as of a couple weeks ago are blocked on the other forum. I posted plus sent a message through their "contact us" link. There's no way I can move the pictures and re-link them all. If they don't change their mind, I'll abandon the thread over there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12