Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Couple of MkIV Questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Couple of MkIV Questions

1st most shocking, I got the side pipes hung. Thanks to Mark for his wedge shims.
    Helper and I wanted to hear the engine with the pipes on. I turned on the battery disconnect and fired it up. I noticed the headlights were on. Headlight switch off, hit the hi/low beams, no change. Pulled headlight switch to on, parking lights come on, hi/low works, turn signals work. Push the switch in to off and lights stay on with no control. Engine and key off, disconnect on, lights on. If I put power on the car, the lights come on. My first impression diagnosis, bad head light switch. I am using the F5 supplied switch with the Ron Francis wiring harness, no changes in wiring.
    The car has been started numerous times, headlights were checked just plugged in, during wiring. Headlight are now mounted on the body.
    If yall think, the switch is the problem, I would appreciate the part number for the ?ACDelco model? direct replacement. I did some searching last night, got tired and went to bed. Thanks,

2nd, question. While putting the body, hood and doors on, I read that the fiberglass hood opening edges are attached through the hood bumpers, body and to the square tubing. I think I also read on this site, that it does not attach. Since I will have someone fit and paint the body, I do not intend to do this, but which is correct?
    Thanks,

3rd
    I need a good link to the door latch mod and installation. Looking for something better than a stack of washers for a spacer.
    Thanks,

I will be searching, but thanks if you take the time to answer or locate an answer for me.
    Last edited by Railroad; 12-06-2019 at 12:42 PM.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.