Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Anyone else going to the HB Cruise-In without a car

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else going to the HB Cruise-In without a car

My hot rod still has a lot of body work before I get it on the road but I was still thinking of going down to the Cruise-In. Bought my plane ticket, made a hotel reservation. Thought it would be cool to hang out with the FFR family, see some amazing builds of all styles and finally get to meet some that I see on the forum here. It is the 25th anniversary after all, that's an amazing milestone. A nice reception is planned at the end of the afternoon where we can all chat in a quieter space - except, there is no provision at all for someone who is supposedly part of the FFR family to attend the reception if you don't bring a car. The word I got is to try back in the middle of April and see if there is any space and then maybe they'll work something out.

This has me rethinking the whole thing. Perhaps it was a dumb idea, wouldn't be my first

So I'm wondering if anyone is contemplating going without a car?

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    I have flown in for it several times. Always a good time

stack
    FFR MKI Roadster FFR2202K Built in 2000 sold
    FFR Hot Rod #39 under construction

3. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    If I can't sell my dirtbike (https://www.ebay.com/itm/202908147888) to pay for a new injection system I may be without a car this year as well... I hope they end up with some extra tickets for sale!

The HB show is always a great time, car or no. Come on down Steve!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

5. Thanks FF33rod thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be there in the super cool Nissan Maxima! Car won't be done yet.
    MK IV Build #9659, 3 link, 17's, Forte 347, Sniper EFI, power steering, built for a freak sized person with 17" Kirkey Vintage seats, RT drop trunk, RT turn signal, lots of stuff from Breeze Automotive, Wilwood brakes, paint by Jeff Miller

7. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be driving down to HB from the Ventura area. I don't have a build to show so hoping to chat with FFR family and take in the show. I would also love to attend the reception if there is space available so I'll be reaching out to Sally at the office too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Here's an important note: UNDER CONSTRUCTION CARS ARE WELCOME!! We even have a category in the car show for under construction.

So, If you have a car that is not finished, BRING IT!! Uhaul trailers work for this purpose.

See you at the show!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

10. Likes FF33rod liked this post