Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Huntington Beach 2020

Post Thanks / Like

Huntington Beach 2020

Is there going to be a new thread for the 2020 HB event?

Post Thanks / Like
    There is now, you just started it.

3. Likes SSNK4US, toadster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know it is April 25th, and is suppose to be Epic as it's the 25th anniversary. It's also only 4 months away!? I love this show, and it totally screwed up my mojo when it didn't happen last year. Looking forward to making the trip down for 2020.

Troy
    " The journey is the reward" Chinese Proverb
    FFR Roadster #5380
    FFR Spyder GT #030

Post Thanks / Like
    Troy, you bringing the Spyder or the Roadster? Whichever, I'll see ya there . . . Have a great holiday and safe trip to HB.

124 days for those of us counting.

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

6. Likes 7tvette liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This will be my first time. Does anyone know the schedule and best hotels to stay at? My wife and I will be coming from Fairport NY.
    We most likely will be staying several days to participate and do some site seeing.

If something needs to be done or we can contribute to the food fund.

I have a printing business so I can print up signs , banners, decals if needed. I don't print fabric.

Really excited about this event.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really looking forward to this event. I went to the 2018 event which was a major influence on my decision to buy my kit. I was really disappointed there wasn't one last year. My car (Mk IV) won't be ready by then but I already have it on the calendar and awaiting further details.

Post Thanks / Like
    Factory Five usually has an agreement with the Shorebreak hotel. It's right on PCH and a block from main Street.

Troy
    " The journey is the reward" Chinese Proverb
    FFR Roadster #5380
    FFR Spyder GT #030

Post Thanks / Like

Signup?

Quote Originally Posted by TERRYL View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this event. I went to the 2018 event which was a major influence on my decision to buy my kit. I was really disappointed there wasn't one last year. My car (Mk IV) won't be ready by then but I already have it on the calendar and awaiting further details.
    Does anyone know where the signup and Payment form is posted?

Post Thanks / Like
    I plan on going. My car won’t be painted but I might trailer it

12. Likes David Hodgkins liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ERICL View Post
    Does anyone know where the signup and Payment form is posted?
    Factory Five Racing has not posted a link to the event sign-up as of yet. Look for it here on the forum or on their website some time in Feb or March.

Post Thanks / Like
    Made reservations at the Shorebreak Hotel and prices are decent. Any update on the schedule of events?

Post Thanks / Like
    The wife and I went to the 2018 show (right after receiving my kit) and gave me a lot of ideas and met some really great people. I can't wait to show off my new baby at this one. It has been an incredible journey getting to this point and we are looking forward to seeing everyone!

16. Likes FF33rod, David Hodgkins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be out of town - again.

I've missed the past THREE years and was hoping to go this year. I planned a vacation specifically because I thought there was a conflicting car show at Main Street the weekend of the 25th and the Factory Five show was alleged to be a week earlier.

You guys know that technically, I started this show, right? (Please cry me a river.)

It was one year after the Replica Show at Knott's Berry Farm (2006?) I suggested that after the show a bunch of us drive to Huntington Beach and park in the lot by Main Street. Maybe 15 of us went. The next year we did the same, but had an area roped off (I didn't coordinate the roping off, was it David?) I think it may have been by the 3rd year Factory Five ditched the Replica Show altogether and sanctioned their own show at H.B.

Post Thanks / Like
    Eddie, 'Ol friend, I remember those days well. I still have the video Sergio made of us all cruising down Beach Blvd to get to the parking lot on the pier side . . . Hell, I still have video of some girls signing your car at that very lot.

Sorry you are going to miss it again, would have been nice to see ya, I know I owe you a beer or two . . . maybe I'll make the Stone Brewery trip this year if I haven't already missed it.

Stay well my friend . . .

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like Dave cancelled Huntington Beach along with the Factory Five Open House this morning. Sad news.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=311158890024509
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Very sad! I was really looking forward to getting out of the house for the first time in many months...
    Oh well, I guess this gives me more time to get ready for the show.
    Keith HR #894

21. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by progmgr1 View Post
    Very sad! I was really looking forward to getting out of the house for the first time in many months...
    Oh well, I guess this gives me more time to get ready for the show.
    Keith HR #894
    Anyone hear about refunds? I can't find my earlier email ut after the first delay I beleive they said they would provide a refund if people couldn't make september.

Post Thanks / Like
    They will roll you over to next spring but if you want a refund, just call and ask.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901