Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Holy Moley...

Post Thanks / Like

Holy Moley...

I don't know, but is this the guy who exported a GTM to make electric in Croatia?

It looks like it certainly could be...

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/...ar/?test=faces
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm almost 100% sure that what you are seeing there on Fox News is a highly modified GTM!!

Here's a link to the thread where the guy was posting about building this car...

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/42-fact...ctric-gtm.html
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Crash

At first I was a little suspicious. Not of you, but of the fact that this could really be a GTM. Based on the deleted posts on the other board and the topics discussed and the fact that the guy identifies himself as from Croatia I think you are right. How many GTM builders could there be in Croatia after all.
    This car clearly has a GTM roof line and general dimensions.

Now the performance claims are another thing. Not sure I believe those are practical realities. Sure maybe for a few min of running time.

I recognize all the advantages of electric power but I'll take my internal combustion engine powered GTM every time.

Great catch to put the pieces together. Hey German factory five guys. We need spy shots of the car. Every one of us could ID the car using just a glimpse of the frame.

On another note if you are right about this being a GTM. Our Phily high school kids GTM have this guy beat regarding alternative power. They display one of the most important lessons. The integrity to give credit where it is due.
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    There are some on the other forum saying that this isn't a GTM...well...

The evidence strongly suggests that this IS the guy and that IS a GTM.

Crodriver got his GTM delivered in Croatia.

Crodriver posted pictures of his BMW3 that he was using for R&D.

The Fox News article states that Rimac used a BMW3 for R&D.

The car in the Fox News pictures definitely has the overall shape of the GTM. The windshield looks EXACTLY like a GTM. The side windows look EXACTLY like a GTM. The seating arrangement, waterfall, center console look EXACTLY like a GTM.

Crodriver went onto the other forum and deliberately deleted all his posts.

Now why would he do that?

I'm telling you, this is the guy, and THAT IS A GTM!!
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess Dave and FFR were right on.

After rereading the threads from the Crodriver poster on the other forum, he kept complaining about how FFR wouldn't send him any CAD work on the car even though he had one of the kits. I actually defended him, but it looks like David Borden and the FFR guys were right to not trust this guy.

He took FFRs stuff, reworked it, and is now trying to pass it off as his own...and profit from it!

I have no problem with someone reworking something and wanting money for the improved product, but when they claim it to be 100% their creation...when climbing on the backs of other hard working people who they give NO credit to, well, yeah, then I have an issue with it.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    There are other electric supercars out there and they are pricy.

http://green.autoblog.com/2011/06/20...ha-2-supercar/
    Just an old man with a great hobby

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, i agree Crash. He should should give credit where credit is due. If i where him, i would have said that my car was based on the GTM platform but heavily reworked (although, how heavily reworked is yet to be determined). Just like how an Audi A4 is based on the platform of a VW passat, Mazda 3 based on Ford Focus platform (at least in Europe that is). Thats what i would have said.

Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    I guess Dave and FFR were right on.

After rereading the threads from the Crodriver poster on the other forum, he kept complaining about how FFR wouldn't send him any CAD work on the car even though he had one of the kits. I actually defended him, but it looks like David Borden and the FFR guys were right to not trust this guy.

He took FFRs stuff, reworked it, and is now trying to pass it off as his own...and profit from it!

I have no problem with someone reworking something and wanting money for the improved product, but when they claim it to be 100% their creation...when climbing on the backs of other hard working people who they give NO credit to, well, yeah, then I have an issue with it.