Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Has anybody had hair replacement technology?

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Has anybody had hair replacement technology?

Looking to buy back some time on a thinning patch on my head. I've been reading about PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy, where they inject plasma from your own blood under the skin. Supposed to be the least invasive and least painful way to stimulate hair growth, but it's a newer technology and there doesn't seem to be a lot of before-and-after photos around.

YouTube videos (or just the thought) of the plug thing gives me nausea.

I'm going to sign up for consultations in the near future but I thought I'd ask here first.

2. Likes GoDadGo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m still working on my car. Maybe after it’s finished I will have time to worry about my damn hair!

Post Thanks / Like
    So, I'm really curious about why you would post this question here?

I suggest that you start out with something like this:
    So, I'm driving my FFR Roadster in sunny California and I get sunburns on my head.
    I thought about moving to a more suitable climate but I just love paying Cali taxes.

I'm now exploring hair implants that will reduce the risk of sunburn.
    Any thoughts?

5. Likes Aircontroller, RBachman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If that is what concerns you, then fix it. do all the research you can. weight out the pro's and con's of each procedure and make the best decision you can.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a group of serious car builders here -- no time for off topic discussions.

Whatever you try don't do the comb-over that just looks desperately sad.

I've had a solar panel for decades -- I just wear a hat. Also have long hair and a pony tail, just my way of coping. But maybe I should get a tattoo on my bald spot, any suggestions on what to get? Maybe the FFR logo. Or a big smiley face.

Lighten up guys, all work and no play is boring.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

8. Likes Jetfuel, GoDadGo, ztoolman44 liked this post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Get A Labrador Retriever For All Of Your Hair Replacement Needs!

He or she will leave all the hair you could ask for on the couch, the floor, the garage plus will make you hate hair after all the sweeping.
    They come in three distinct colors, black, yellow with ours being a Light Chocolate which matched the skull of my youth.
    Also, if your car is complete then no matter what amount of hair you have will surely blow off as you scoot down the road.

All Kidding Aside, Good Luck With Your Quest!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 01-10-2020 at 02:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rogaine not a thing anymore?

How about one of these. You can wear it while your out cruising in the roadster.

https://www.irestorelaser.com/produc...14050620145699

Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_4239.JPG

Problem solved

Jet....good luck with your search....seriously

12. Likes GoDadGo, ztoolman44, Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rogaine or monoxidil works. Apply everyday and it makes your hair thicker in the thin areas. It won't make the dead follicles come back though.
    Last edited by TrevorP; 01-11-2020 at 07:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the responses, I will continue my research.

Cheers,

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet if you find something that works you will get so many PMs that it shuts the system down.
    Good luck.
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    What sucks, is whatever way that you try to promote hair growth, (hair transplant, scalp medication, the process you are talking about), you have to manually do it everyday. Your body has decided not to send blood to the follicles in those areas anymore. So, they die off or you manually feed them. Sucks no matter what.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorP View Post
    Rogaine or monoxidil works. Apply everyday and it makes your hair thicker in the thin areas. It won't make the dead follicles come back though.
    YO TREVOR.

I know nothing about this: do you need a prescription or is this over the counter? I'm sure it's more expensive than regular shampoo but it certainly could not hurt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yo Eddie! Be sure to watch the Simpsons episode where Homer uses Dimoxinyl and puts it on the company bill as a medical expense. So many life lessons in that episode...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuyEddie View Post
    I know nothing about this: do you need a prescription or is this over the counter? I'm sure it's more expensive than regular shampoo but it certainly could not hurt.
    https://www.everydayhealth.com/drugs/rogaine

Post Thanks / Like
    You know what... screw people. I have a full head of hair. Black hair with virtually no gray. And, I'm 65... people say stupid **** to me all the time about putting dye on my hair and I would never do that. Who gives a rats rear end. I wouldn't waste my time. If mine falls out tomorrow so be it... at least I'm above the dirt. Just be you.
    Thanks,
    Al Adkins
    Certified "Kool Aid" drinker

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Eddie, over the counter. It was a prescription many years ago. Just goto the Rogaine website and read up. It works, may take 6-12 months to start working, but it is legit.

Al, if you lost your hair or started to, you would realize it sucks far more than you think. Some people are the lucky ones, far more unlucky though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always been extremely skeptical of all the different hair replacement "options." My hair started to thin in my late 20s and I just went ahead and shaved it in my early 30s and haven't looked back. Working overseas I've seen some botched transplants that have pretty much kept me away. That being said, if you do find something that actually works, let us know.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

God creates many heads....the one He doesn't like He covers them with hair....

24. Likes ptbashor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    high blood pressure meds

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    supposed to from mcdonalds fries grow hair it was on the internet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    its gotta be true

Post Thanks / Like
    I asked my wife who's a Dermatologist and her professional opinion is "maybe." The research is still ongoing but it does show promise for male pattern baldness. However, procedures and protocols are not yet established and vary from MD to MD, as do the success rates. Additionally, there is little consensus on how often the treatments are needed. The most successful method is to transplant individual hairs. But it's that gets expensive at $4 to $5 a hair.
    FFR MKIV ordered 12 July 2019. IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 18" Wheels w/MT tires, power steering, EFI, Heat. 347 Dart w/TKO-600 by Mike Forte, Holley FI, MSD coil and CD box. All new, no donor build.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen videos of hair replacement regarding plugs. NO WAY. Just watching it gives me the hobo-jeebies and the recovery has to be super queasy. Must be a weird, weird pain. I have a half sleeve tattoo and many others so I can take pain, but a bleeding head.... aaaaah makes me wanna puke!

Anyway I have a consultation for the plasma thing and I'll be glad to share.