I wanted to take a minute to open up a build thread and introduce myself to the 818 and larger FFR community.

I will start by saying that I am very new to the FFR scene and while fairly competent mechanically speaking this whole Subaru scene is also new to me, so many variations!! So I am very much getting used to the forum and how it works. I have already found so much great discussion and pictures. I am the lucky purchaser of Doowop's kit that was out in Denver. He never actually started the it, but did manage to collect a decent amount of donor parts.

So after a whirlwind trip of flying from Atlanta to Denver in the morning and packing things into a 16' truck, my Dad (road trip companion) and I manage to make it out to Topeka KS by the end of Day 1. We then hit the road again at 8am local and powered all the way home by about midnight of Day 2 to complete the remaining 900 miles. Day 3 was the unloading. My biggest issue off the bat is one of space. It appears I have a bit of a car problem and I was really hoping to build this car in the basement. They are supposed to weigh 1800lbs all in right? So I figured it would not be too bad to get some people to tilt the car through some french doors without the body, engine, and trans.....well, the chassis alone is significantly heavier than I was hoping for. For now, it will be up in the garage. I may resume an effort with the HOA to put a garage door down in the day-light basement wall, but that will be another story.

Because of the heavier chassis weight, I decided to just leave it in the truck and go straight to the powder coater. I took the chance to strip all the suspension links and knuckles, find all the bracketry, and the aluminum panels and threw those in the batch as well. These should be coming back sometime next week. Going gloss white for those that are wondering.

Probably good enough for an intro. I will go ahead an apologize up front for all of the questions I am sure to post that have likely been discussed multiple times. I will do my best to attempt searches prior to posting.

If any of you 818 people are at all close to Atlanta, please let me know. I would love to see your ride and you can never have too many friends!!