Brake Line Finishing Touches

I spent the last few days finishing up the brake system, and I think I’m finally done! First, I took care of some odds and ends with the brake lines themselves.

For the run from the MC to the front left front brake along the top frame rail, I was worried about having the brake line flush against the rail because I thought it might interfere with the body when installed. From what I can tell, the fiberglass body rests on top of and along the inside edge of the top rail in the engine compartment. To avoid any interference, I made a couple brackets to push the brake line away from the rail:

I widened the notch in the front footbox wall where the front brake line passes through. For now, I’m using some tubing to protect the brake line in that area. I’ll probably cut a longer piece and zip tie on either end, as jrcuz suggested.

I fashioned a pass-through plate to block off the horizontal slot in the front footbox wall where I brought the rear brake line forward along the lower rail:

Finally, I installed stainless steel gravel guard on the long run along the 4” tube and up toward the rear T-junction:

I know some folks have said gravel guard traps salt and grime and could do more harm than good. But since I’m using NiCopp, which is corrosion resistant, I’m not quite as worried about that. And having the gravel guard gives me peace of mind that something won’t jump up and dent the soft NiCopp line on the bottom of the car.

With all the brake lines installed and tightened down, I was ready to fill and bleed the system . . .