Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  364

Thread: 460.465USMC's MK4 Build #9890 - V.I.N. for the Win and Spring Rumble

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAsp427 View Post
    Your build is looking very nice. Awesome work! Judging by the fact that the metal clamps are still on your rubber boots on your steering rack, I’m guessing that you have not yet centered the rack and tie rods yet. Be sure to do so now while you can get to everything.
    Hi Carl. No, I haven't centered the steering rack. I have this nice set of instructions bookmarked by "karlos":

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l=1#post215142

I think I will take your suggestion and put it high on my To Do list. I'm not sure what you mean by "metal clamps are still on your rubber boots on your steering rack". Are those removed during the centering process? Although the instructions above are good, I may reach out to you with a PM on this topic.

Thanks for your input!
    Chris
    Coupe complete kit delivered: 4/22/24. Build Thread. Coyote. T-56. IRS w/3.55. Wilwoods. PS. HVAC. Side windows.
    MK4 Complete kit. Build Thread Index. Delivered: 10/15/2020. Legal: 7/25/23. Coyote Gen3. TKO600 (0.64 OD). IRS w/3.55. PS. Wilwoods. Sway bars. This build is dedicated to my son, Benjamin. Build Thread.

2. Likes mbisett, M22_COBRA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 460.465USMC View Post
    Hi Carl. No, I haven't centered the steering rack. I have this nice set of instructions bookmarked by "karlos":

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l=1#post215142

I think I will take your suggestion and put it high on my To Do list. I'm not sure what you mean by "metal clamps are still on your rubber boots on your steering rack". Are those removed during the centering process? Although the instructions above are good, I may reach out to you with a PM on this topic.

Thanks for your input!
    Yup, you will have to remove those clamps... Many are heavy duty zip ties, you will most likely find this is the easiest way to replace those when you are doing this adjustment. The instruction that you have are very detailed and the ones that I used as well.

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby