I'm using Thermo-Tec throughout the footboxes and cockpit. I found a way to get it to fit snuggly around the collapsed side of the rivets (I'm installing them so the flat side is visible in the engine bay--looks better to me this way). Drilled a slightly oversized hole in a piece of scrap wood, laid the Thermo-Tec over the hole in the wood, then used a sharp punch to create a hole just the right size to match the collapsed rivet. Should provide a good seal.

This is how it looks installed. Also, found a socket slightly larger than the collapsed rivet to even further persuade the Thermo-Tec to seal around the rivet. Had trouble getting my phone to focus, but I think you get the idea.

Passenger side footbox installed! (Difficult to keep the rivet tool from scratching my finished ceramic paint, but I'm getting better).

I installed the Thermo-Tec before assembling the panels. Decided to do this after reading from several forum members about the contortion exercises if installing the material after the panels are in place. (Though I will undoubtedly face similar contortion challenges when I install the carpet later on).

Looking forward to finishing the PS floor and rest of cockpit panels.

Always welcome recommendations and suggestions from the forum!