Quote Originally Posted by richtersand View Post
Tonight I assembled the ebrake and ran the flex lines on the front calipers. I am using edwardb's pulley system (thanks Paul!) with slightly smaller pulleys. Instead of using the modified lokar approach, I am going to cut the lines and re-clamp them. Lokar apparently doesn't sell them anymore, and I am not seeing the advantage to doing this over using the FFR designed assembly. I will be paying extra close attention to the strength of the clamps. Assuming I get good swages, I have to think that a clamp on the line will be at least as robust as the set screws in the lokar.
Nothing particularly magical about the Lokar piece. Too bad they made it hard to get. Apparently maybe still possible directly from Lokar. But haven't followed it closely. Was an easy way to reattach the cables since the mod requires the ends of the cables to be cut off. They're much too long when not routed under the chassis tube. If you have an acceptable method to clamp or swage the shortened cables another way, that's fine. Smaller pulleys are OK I guess. Nothing magical there either. Although there's plenty of room where they're located. The actual cable movement with that Wilwood rear e-brake is very slight. Basically just taking the slack out of the lines engages the e-brake. The main caution to be aware of with this mod is the reduced angle of the cable attachment at the handle. It's very close and/or drags on the rear mounting bolt of the e-brake handle assembly. Some lengthen the handle piece to clear. I didn't find that necessary with (1) The retaining bolt turned over so the head is down, and (2) I sanded off the top of the bolt head to flatten it a bit. Good luck.