BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: F9 question about State registration

Post Thanks / Like

F9 question about State registration

I have begun my early stages of considering the F9, rather than the currently available Daytona Coup. My question is: Here in Nevada, one can register a vehicle as a replica of a earlier model car. Example, the Cobra registered as a replica of a 1965 Cobra. Is the F9 a replica of any previous 1968 car, thus not having to SMOG it? Or would one have to build to comply with SMOG if wanting to run it on the street? I realize SMOG is doable, but sure is nice when one doesn't have to worry about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is not a replica of anything. It is an original design. You should look into the rules for kit car registration in your state. Here in NY it doesn't matter if its a replica of a 60's era car of something totally new, smog rules do not apply to home build cars.
    MK3.1 Roadster completed 2011
    818R built with EZ36R H6 completed 2018
    818R rebuild with a JDM Honda K24A

Post Thanks / Like
    I would look into how people have registered a GTM or SL-C in Nevada, they will have been through the process you need to follow.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build