Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finish Line Accessories PROBLEMS

Post Thanks / Like
    Just spoke with Taylor. He is a one man show. I just reached out yesterday and he called this morning. He said he is filling orders that were placed at the beginning of December. He said my floor mats would be in the mail within the week. He was very apologetic. He does have a lot going on. He said if he answered every email and call he would never get any orders processed. I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, if business is that good, he could hire some part time help to get orders packed and shipped.
    Mrk III, 331 stroker, Borla stack injection, T5, 3:55 IRS, Power steering and brakes. Kleiner body & paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeker View Post
    Just spoke with Taylor. He is a one man show. I just reached out yesterday and he called this morning. He said he is filling orders that were placed at the beginning of December. He said my floor mats would be in the mail within the week. He was very apologetic. He does have a lot going on. He said if he answered every email and call he would never get any orders processed. I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Beginning of December?????

I ordered my shifter on Nov 1st.

Shifter.jpg
    Last edited by Blitzboy54; 01-08-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually he just called. It's going out today.

Claims to have hired a guy. I hope that's true because he has great stuff but man.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure he's already aware, but I hope someone is sharing this information with him. He needs to know that he's being flamed on the forums. I would sure want to know and I'd monitor this forum to see what I could do to let my customer's know that things will be fixed. But then again, that's just me throwing around common sense.

6. Likes RoadRacer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    He knows.

Post Thanks / Like
    As mentioned in an earlier post, I called Taylor’s number on Monday. I had 2 orders with him since early December and hadn’t received either- a ww wheel box and a ww switch. He cancelled the switch and sent out the wheel box which I received yesterday.
    In today’s world, I find it very easy to send and receive item. I suspect taylor’s operation is a one man show. He probably doesn’t have a large inventory and relies on a “just in time” fulfillment process. But when your supplier is slow the whole process falls behind. Look at how quickly amazon fills orders and processes returns. Sometimes a little understanding goes a long way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMac View Post
    As mentioned in an earlier post, I called Taylor’s number on Monday. I had 2 orders with him since early December and hadn’t received either- a ww wheel box and a ww switch. He cancelled the switch and sent out the wheel box which I received yesterday.
    In today’s world, I find it very easy to send and receive item. I suspect taylor’s operation is a one man show. He probably doesn’t have a large inventory and relies on a “just in time” fulfillment process. But when your supplier is slow the whole process falls behind. Look at how quickly amazon fills orders and processes returns. Sometimes a little understanding goes a long way.
    "Just in time" fulfillment doesn't apply when he lists items as "In Stock". He should just hire a minimum wage hourly a few hours a week to call customers with their order status. I think people can endure shipping delays, but not knowing about them is the rub. I've reached out 3 times via phone and twice on email and can't get a status on my order from the 3rd week of December. Doubt I'll be ordering anything else from there.
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2

Post Thanks / Like
    I sent Taylor another email requesting my order be canceled with a full refund before I started a PayPal claim. For whatever it’s worth, I feel it fair that I say that Taylor replied to that email. He offered his apologies, and provided the full refund for my order. In my case, the delay was because his vendor for the part I ordered had stopped making them and he was looking for a new source. Had he simply communicated that to me, and offered me the option to wait or cancel, all would have been good. As he has mentioned to others, he recently hired someone to help him catch up with current orders as well as help him with organizational skills so that he doesn’t find himself in this situation again. He thanked me fir my past business and was working towards earning it back again.
    I know there have been previous reasons given for the delays and lack of communication along with that thing that’ll make everything good again. An example would be he is moving into a new warehouse close to his home. Anyway, I sincerely wished him well and future success and hoped his new hire would help resolve the issues.
    I guess I need to remind myself once again to look first to the supporting vendors for my parts and services before going off the reservation so to speak.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aarvig View Post
    I am just posting this here to say that I have ordered several items from ********** in early December. They have not responded to phone calls or emails or any intervention by PayPal. Based on my experience with this company I would not recommend anyone order anything from them as you will likely lose your money.
    I have ordered, AND RECEIVED dozens of products from **********. They are SLOW and often delinquent in returning calls or messages. HOWEVER, they always deliver the right products and are always (at least for me) of great quality. My advice whenever someone asks me about them is 'don't be in a rush'. I think the owner has other life responsibilities in addition to the business.

My 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered a bunch from finish line. As long as I receive it before I finish my build. I will be happy, it is a MK,1 so yeah....No rush.

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG, after waiting to months to ship the post office has lost the package. Obviously not finish lines fault but you can't make this stuff up. lol
    MK4 #10008 - Ordered 10/06/20, Delivered 03/03/21, First Start 7/22/21, First Go Kart 7/24/21
    Paint by Metal Morphous 5/14/22, Legally registered 6/8/22, Graduated 7/20/22
    Build Thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...been-delivered
    Complete Kit, Ford 306, Sniper/Dual Sync, T5, Hydraulic clutch

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had serious issues with USPS over the past two months. I understand they were "surprised" by the volume of packages this holiday season, but the USPS is fundamentally broken. I can see a day in the not too distant future where the USPS will completely collapse and Amazon or some other major corporation will step in and take over the functions the USPS provides today.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    USPS has been broken for years. There was a period a few years back where roughly half of whatever Amazon shipped us (yes, we do a lot of our shopping on Amazon) would get lost, damaged, or delivered late by USPS. After enough complaints and refund requests to Amazon, they finally agreed to flag my account such that no future shipments would be sent to me via USPS. Now all my Amazon orders come via UPS or OnTrac... and they all come on time.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 on USPS failure, FFR shipped me some missing parts over last three weeks and they never arrived. Starting the process over, I was hoping they would send them Fed Ex but they chose USPS again... definition of insanity.
    Build #9818 completed 04/2021 - Dart SBF 427, PF4 EFI, TKO600 Build thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...utton-head-mod
    Build review video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6IAbo2sFt4&t=1111s My finished car: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/atta...7&d=1638415131

Post Thanks / Like
    My last post regarding ********** was on Jan 8th. I spoke to Taylor that day. My son ordered a set of the floor mats early Dec and they were “in stock”. On that call with Taylor, he assured me they would ship within the week. I have seen nothing from him telling me the mats have shipped. I have left numerous texts, emails and voice mails with zero response. This is unacceptable! I am canceling my floor mat order and will not visit his site again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeker View Post
    My last post regarding ********** was on Jan 8th. I spoke to Taylor that day. My son ordered a set of the floor mats early Dec and they were “in stock”. On that call with Taylor, he assured me they would ship within the week. I have seen nothing from him telling me the mats have shipped. I have left numerous texts, emails and voice mails with zero response. This is unacceptable! I am canceling my floor mat order and will not visit his site again.
    I guess the new hire didn’t work out.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I had to open a Paypal case and get my money back. Never heard from ********** even after I did that and gave them a couple of weeks before it was complete and I received my refund from Paypal. Sad to say, but I would avoid ********** completely now. It's beyond just long wait times.
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12