BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finish Line Accessories PROBLEMS

Post Thanks / Like

Finish Line Accessories PROBLEMS

I am just posting this here to say that I have ordered several items from ********** in early December. They have not responded to phone calls or emails or any intervention by PayPal. Based on my experience with this company I would not recommend anyone order anything from them as you will likely lose your money.
    Hurricane HM-2016, 9" Ford w/3.50, 427W, TKO 600.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of communication issues, but I've never heard of anyone not getting what they've ordered.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Aaron
    Not sure what you're looking for. Take a look here: prdcrrct.com

Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Paul-I’ll check them out. Unfortunately it looks like I’m out 70 bucks through Finish Line. I can’t understand why this company would choose to have such poor communication. The Cobra world is a niche market and word gets around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aarvig View Post
    Thanks Paul-I’ll check them out. Unfortunately it looks like I’m out 70 bucks through Finish Line. I can’t understand why this company would choose to have such poor communication. The Cobra world is a niche market and word gets around.
    I have some things ordered from them as well. The guy is a one man show, and with it being the holidays, he may be out for a week or two. I'd give it some more time before saying you are out $70. I've received everything I've ordered from them in the past. Communication could certainly be improved I would agree.
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Period Correct is now a supporting vendor and though their selection is fairly limited, they have quite a few hard to find items.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cv2065 View Post
    I have some things ordered from them as well. The guy is a one man show, and with it being the holidays, he may be out for a week or two. I'd give it some more time before saying you are out $70. I've received everything I've ordered from them in the past. Communication could certainly be improved I would agree.
    I get it, however, this stuff was ordered 12/3/20. Even a one man show should respond to emails and phone calls in that time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like Charlie Brown, once again running up to kick the football, I placed my 6th order with Taylor December 2nd. This order was only about $37. I’m not worried that I’ll lose my money and you shouldn’t either. I’ll get my order, but it’ll be at Taylor’s pleasure. His communication is nonexistent and there is zero excuse for it. I’ve heard he’s moving his warehouse, he works alone, he’s a stay at home dad with kids, he’s getting established after the sale and the list goes on. I did have a broken switch DOA and he replaced it in another order with no communication but I was happy he took care of it. The bottom line is, he hasn’t the skills to run a business. He’s not a supporting vendor correct?
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    My last order with Taylor was six weeks to delivery and I live 1.5 hours from his shop. Not a very quick process but he does have good prices and sells quality products. I would be surprised if you did not get your order. I am sure the holidays are not speeding up the process either.

Has anyone ordered from this site? It looks like a clone of Finish Line but located in Concord. Different owners?
    https://www.csxparts.com/default.aspx
    Last edited by Fman; 12-27-2020 at 11:53 PM.
    Build #9818 completed 04/2021 - Dart SBF 427, PF4 EFI, TKO600 Build thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...utton-head-mod
    Build review video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6IAbo2sFt4&t=1111s My finished car: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/atta...7&d=1638415131

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll get your stuff. His non-existent customer service has been discussed here many times before. I'm not aware of anyone that didn't eventually get their stuff, but I agree that it's a pretty piss-poor way to run a business.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fman View Post
    Has anyone ordered from this site? It looks like a clone of Finish Line but located in Concord. Different owners?
    Yes they do have much of the same items. Not sure if they are affiliated with Finishine? Be nice to know how members find their service.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered some wiper parts on October 28th. 2 month to the day. No sign of them so far.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I am just posting this here to say that I have ordered several items from ********** in early December. They have not responded to phone calls or emails or any intervention by PayPal. Based on my experience with this company I would not recommend anyone order anything from them as you will likely lose your money.
    Yup, same problem here. I used PayPal so I’ll probably dispute the charge here. Anyone else having an issue with finish line?

Post Thanks / Like
    On the bright side, usually when I order something from them it takes so long to arrive I completely forget about it and then it’s an unexpected surprise when it shows up.
    Coupe Kit Delivered 11/10/23

Roadster Build thread: 2019-2022 https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...4-Build-Thread

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    In many of my builds I order all the aftermarket stuff before I even order the kit. Like all above have said. You will get your stuff just not when you would want to see it. I have had same issues with Whitby in the past also.
    16+ FFR kits and counting!

Post Thanks / Like
    As many have already posted my experience is the same. You will receive the order at some point. I have ordered many parts from finish line and they always arrive.. just takes a bit of time.
    MKIV #7275 Acquired June 2019 (2010 partial build), Gen 2 Coyote by Forte w/TK600- PRO 5.0 - McLeod RST twin Clutch-QT Bell, old style IRS, 8.8 3.55 Rear, Gas'n Headers/Pipes, Power Steering, Hydroboost by Forte, Breeze Roll Bar, Heated Seats, 17" halibrand w/ Nitto G2, Maradyne Fan Controller, Paul Proe Vent Kit, Russ Thompson Signal w/ FTP- Received June 2019/First Start April 2020/Go Cart May 2020/Legal September 2020/PAINT BY SPOTLIGHT CUSTOMS JAN 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    This guy is ridiculous. There have been several posts about Finish Line over the years and nothing has improved. You'll get your stuff, but it will arrive without any communication. What's crazy is that you can choose delivery options. I'm guessing if you pay the higher price for quicker delivery, you're just throwing that money away. I get it that he's a one man show and all, but common courtesy is easy. I recently ordered two items from him, finally got it after about two months. I got to the point where I was leaving a voicemail and emails for him about twice a week. One of those times when you say to yourself "I'm gonna drive this guy nuts until he returns my calls". But still got nothing. Kind of pisses you off - quite honestly.
    Hang in there, you'll get what you ordered. Try not to throw it across the yard when it finally shows up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely learned during my build is to order parts WAY before you need them. Like many, I got used to the Amazon experience and have grown to expect it! But, it's been refreshing to actually talk on the phone to our community vendors and know who you are supporting. No excuse for FL though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate to admit it but I have given up on **********. I have always defended him in the past but I’m done. Only good thing is that I used PayPal. Quick refund and took my business elsewhere. In my case for my needs Acton came through, answered the phone and shipped same day. Oh, they are also a husband and wife owned business and actually make an effort to communicate.

There are no excuses for bad service. If you are way backed up a simple message on your webpage helps.
    F5R #7841: Anniversary Edition MK4, Ford Racing 427, Edelbrock EFI, Gas-N Pipes, Stainless Headers, TKO600, 3.31 Moser 3-Link, 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    AND yet you guys are dumb enough to keep ordering for him. You get what you deserve for supporting such a cr-py company.
    Mrk III, 331 stroker, Borla stack injection, T5, 3:55 IRS, Power steering and brakes. Kleiner body & paint

21. Likes Derald Rice liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fman, If I'm not mistaken, csx parts is in the same location that ********** was in before he moved, at the Cobra Experience in Martinez. Not sure if they're affiliated with him, but you're right, the products they are offering are near identical. The giveaway for me was the orange cobra on their home page. I took a ton of pictures of it when I was up there last time.

Yeah, Taylor's a really nice guy, and he could solve his issues by hiring his wife, or someone else, to just deal with the emails, so people would get replies to their questions. I don't understand his reluctance to do something.
    Rick

Mk4 with Mr. Bruce FIA body, 331 w/ Speedmaster Stack Injection, Full Width Roll Bar with high brake lights by i.e.427, IRS, ABS, PS, PB, FAST FI, First start 3/30/20, First go-kart 7/5/20, paint by Ken Pike

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered a shifter on Nov 1st. He has my money but no item. I left an aggressive voice mail that I would list the transaction as fraudulent with the CC company. He called me and apologized with his story that he is by himself and has to home school because of covid. He said he was on mid October at that point and would be getting to my order soon. That was 4 weeks ago. I am fairly frustrated at this point

Post Thanks / Like
    finish line will just keep on playing these games until his orders dry up. I personally wont give any money to bad customer service. I'd rather pay more and let their business model fail.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

See what you started aarvig??
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    After Paula sold the company following Enzo’s passing I’ve found other sources for everything that I used to purchase from them.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I guess I was lucky when I ordered parts from him. I waited about four weeks and sent an email and asked the status of my order, and he said he was behind but would get my order out the following week. And it came the following week. Only five weeks... I feel lucky. It's sad but the internet can be a very cruel place. It can make or break you very quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mburger View Post
    See what you started aarvig??
    All he had to do was respond to an email or a phone call. If you take peoples money that is a minimum acceptable practice which for some reason this guy refuses to do. Why??? Does he want to kill his business? Set aside an hour per day and return phone calls. If he is so backed up as he says he is then he is making enough income to justify hiring someone to do this. You can’t take peoples money and then disappear for weeks/months without contact. There is no successful business that operates this way.

Post Thanks / Like
    All he had to do was respond to an email or a phone call. If you take peoples money that is a minimum acceptable practice which for some reason this guy refuses to do. Why??? Does he want to kill his business? Set aside an hour per day and return phone calls. If he is so backed up as he says he is then he is making enough income to justify hiring someone to do this. You can’t take peoples money and then disappear for weeks/months without contact. There is no successful business that operates this way.
    I feel your pain, there is a fiberglass console vendor that operates this exact same way. The reason they are still in business? because enough people keep ordering from them and put up with it....

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    They will learn the hard way. As new orders dry up, he will soon have plenty of time to catch up on the old ones that have not cancelled. He will then have plenty of time to think about his business crashing. As Jeff K. noted, he has already found vendors for the parts he used to buy from Finish Line. Once customers are lost, not likely they will come back anytime soon.

It is not surprising as this problem plays out with other vendors like CJPP for Mustang parts. As their loyal customer base drys up, vendors like NPD come in and offer great customer service at not that much more in cost. It is pretty simple really, take care of your customers and build your business, or watch it fail.
    MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, started 12/2011, registered 9/2014, sold 3/1/2018.
    1970 Mustang Fastback Coyote powered Boss 302 tribute. Started 10/14/16.
    Gen 3 Coupe Base Kit non-donor build. Ordered 4/5/2024 to be received August 2024.

Post Thanks / Like
    aarvig,
    I was making an attempt, obviously a poor one, at a little humor here. I know, I should’ve used 3 emojis instead of just 2.
    I’ve made my last order, and now my last post on **********.
    Best of luck with your order.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    I've ordered quite a few things from Finish line. Always happy with the products, not the customer service. Don't worry though, you'll get your order. One day it will just show up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    After Paula sold the company following Enzo’s passing I’ve found other sources for everything that I used to purchase from them.

Jeff
    Jeff, would you mind sharing what other vendors you are now using? I have had great results with Breeze, Replica Parts, Forte, FF metals.
    Build #9818 completed 04/2021 - Dart SBF 427, PF4 EFI, TKO600 Build thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...utton-head-mod
    Build review video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6IAbo2sFt4&t=1111s My finished car: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/atta...7&d=1638415131

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fman View Post
    My last order with Taylor was six weeks to delivery and I live 1.5 hours from his shop. Not a very quick process but he does have good prices and sells quality products. I would be surprised if you did not get your order. I am sure the holidays are not speeding up the process either.

Travis

I bought a grill from these guys and picked it up at will call the same day. These guys are associated with the Cobra Experience Museum and have parts for original cobras. If you havent been to that museum you gotta check it out. They did an excellent job with probably about 15+ original Cobras as well as other Shelby cars, engines, parts, and memorabilia on display. They even have a high end Dolby theater with a proffesionally made Cobra video. https://www.cobraexperience.org/

As for **********; i ordered a few parts seperately and it took about a month to arrive each time. Like others have said; no excuse on his part for the non-communication, but just be patient and you’ll recieve the parts
    build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-USRRC-vspeeds

Build School: July 14-16, 2017
    Kit purchased: July 25, 2017
    Kit delivered: September 13, 2017
    First Start: December 22, 2018
    Body painted and kit completed and drivable: July 2019 (but still not done)
    CA SB100 Registration: January 2020

Mk4 - 289 USRRC Roadster kit, Roush 427SR with Schneider Racing custom camshaft, Fitech EFI, TKO600 (.64-5th gear), 15" wheels, stock brake calipers, under car exhaust with Spintech 7000 muffler, no roll bar, Russ Thompson turn signal, removable steering wheel, and many other small upgrades and modifications

35. Likes Fman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was more fortunate. All of my orders turned up inside of 2 weeks and only had to travel 8200 miles. Sad to hear of the bad experiences of others. I have never met a business owner who actively wants their business to fail. In almost all cases where they fail, there is huge suffering for the owner/s and those close to them. Certainly, ********** issues have been going on for a long time now, so I can't imagine the business or its owner are in a good place.
    Mk.4 FFR supplied Right hand drive
    Received 12/2012 completed 12/2019
    Gen1 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS
    Lots of mods to make compliant for Australian design rules

Post Thanks / Like
    Decided a couple of days ago to give one more phone call, again got voice mail. But no more then 1 min passed when I got a call back. He apologized and promised to get the order out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used his website contact form to cancel my order. I’m done with him. I feel especially annoyed because I’ve defended or at least publicly given him the benefit of the doubt. No more. I get my money back, or my attorney will.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMac View Post
    Decided a couple of days ago to give one more phone call, again got voice mail. But no more then 1 min passed when I got a call back. He apologized and promised to get the order out.
    How old was your order? I'm at 8+ weeks on a shifter. He told me a month ago he would get to it soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally got my order of a shifter and a glove box. Took over two months. Glove box quality is trash. For as much as it cost, i expected a better product. Shifter was good quality and what I expected.
    Poor quality + horrible customer service = Not around much longer.

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE:
    I definitely do not like trashing companies publicly but in this case...I'm simply blown away. Taylor called me on Monday. Told me that he saw I started a PayPal claim against him. He told me that life has been really busy and stressful and was hoping that I would drop my claim if he could get my parts out ASAP. I told him I would if he got them out right away. Taylor preceded to promise me he would get them packaged and shipped by the end of the day (Monday). He told me I would get an email by the end of the day with shipping information and tracking information on it. Well...its Thursday. I have not seen any emails or had any further correspondence from him. Thankfully PayPal cancelled the sale and refunded my money. I will never go through this guy again. Go through https://prdcrrct.com. This is owned by someone who is highly passionate about Shelby Cobra's and has one running and built and is working on a second one.

42. Thanks mburger thanked for this post
    Likes mburger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE:
    I definitely do not like trashing companies publicly but in this case...I'm simply blown away. Taylor called me on Monday. Told me that he saw I started a PayPal claim against him. He told me that life has been really busy and stressful and was hoping that I would drop my claim if he could get my parts out ASAP. I told him I would if he got them out right away. Taylor preceded to promise me he would get them packaged and shipped by the end of the day (Monday). He told me I would get an email by the end of the day with shipping information and tracking information on it. Well...its Thursday. I have not seen any emails or had any further correspondence from him. Thankfully PayPal cancelled the sale and refunded my money. I will never go through this guy again. Go through https://prdcrrct.com. This is owned by someone who is highly passionate about Shelby Cobra's and has one running and built and is working on a second one.
    Yep, Paul is a member and officer in the Gateway Cobra Club. If he says he can help you, you get helped.
    Mrk III, 331 stroker, Borla stack injection, T5, 3:55 IRS, Power steering and brakes. Kleiner body & paint

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast