Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  137

Thread: Brandon's 818R Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    To clarify, are you going to modify the frame under the trans pump to allow it to sit down further? If not you will need to raise the trans mount as well as the engine mounts.

IMHO you should make the frame mods to sink the trans down so it does not require spacers. This will in turn minimize the spacers needed under the motor mounts as well.
    MK3.1 Roadster completed 2011
    818R built with EZ36R H6 completed 2018
    818R rebuild with a JDM Honda K24A

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Racer View Post
    To clarify, are you going to modify the frame under the trans pump to allow it to sit down further? If not you will need to raise the trans mount as well as the engine mounts.

IMHO you should make the frame mods to sink the trans down so it does not require spacers. This will in turn minimize the spacers needed under the motor mounts as well.
    You mentioned to me to raise the motor and try to not modify the frame under the trans to keep the rigidity and not mess with having to cut into the diffuser. I would still need to modify the trans mount (make it shorter) and add tabs to the X plate at the rear of the frame similarly to what you did with your 6spd. Is this not the case now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blomb11 View Post
    You mentioned to me to raise the motor and try to not modify the frame under the trans to keep the rigidity and not mess with having to cut into the diffuser. I would still need to modify the trans mount (make it shorter) and add tabs to the X plate at the rear of the frame similarly to what you did with your 6spd. Is this not the case now?
    I thought you were talking about modifying the frame to allow the trans to sit below the frame, protruding into the diffusor are like Gator has done. What I and others have done is modify the frame to allow the sump to not rest on the "X" brace section see the pics in my thread here to see how my "X" section looks different than the stock version. Other have done different mods that accomplish the same thing.

You can modify the frame in the rear "X" section to allow the pump sump to fit down into the frame WITHOUT cutting into the diffuser. I believe everyone that has installed a 6 speed has done some form of this modification and it is what I would recommend.

Sorry if I confused you earlier
    MK3.1 Roadster completed 2011
    818R built with EZ36R H6 completed 2018
    818R rebuild with a JDM Honda K24A