Hi All,

Been thinking about doing this for years and finally pulled the trigger in the fall of 2020. My plan was always to start with a base kit and add on from there since it gave me more control of which parts went into the car. My job is to develop strategies for maintaining equipment, so being able to pick up most of the parts from OEM sources was important to me.

This led me to buying a 2002 Mustang GT early on in Covid to get some of the parts I'd need to re-purpose. The car came from Copart and I don't think I was the first one to think of it as a project. The positives were that it had Cobra brakes, a new(er) Mishimoto radiator, and no real damage to anything I planned on re-using. The bad part was that the TR-3650 had been replaced with a T-45 and interestingly the 4.6 was out of an 04 Towncar as well. The transmission was disappointing, but I was planning on a Coyote, so I didn't really care about the motor.

thumbnail_IMG-4415.jpg

Tearing down the donor was a good experience and gave me some time for my Covid investments to gain some value before I purchased my kit.