Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How/ where are you guys mouting the rear fuse box?

Post Thanks / Like

Question How/ where are you guys mouting the rear fuse box?

Hello,
    I am hoping that you guys can give me some ideas for mounting the rear fuse box. I am using the original harness from a 2007 WRX, only a little dieting nothing serious (only the Air bag system). The manual makes a vague reference to mounting the box behind the driver's seat firewall. Their very elementary one line shows it in the engine compartment.

I sure would appreciate some pictures on how you guys did this! I can't seem to find any in the Forum.

Thanks!
    Sam Terry in beautiful northern New Mexico.....

Post Thanks / Like

3. Thanks SamT01 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l=1#post444556

This is a great set of pictures and discussion of wiring

5. Thanks SamT01 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found that mounting the black fuse box at the front of the tunnel reduced the number of wires that needed to be lengthened. Mine looks like this.
    20201217_164817.jpg

7. Thanks SamT01 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    RPGs818SNA I like your lacing job keeping the wiring together. I don't see that much any more.

9. Thanks RPGs818SNA thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ended up putting mine up front. See https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...18-Build/page3 posts #104, #112, #114-115. As RPGs818SNA says, you will probably have to lengthen fewer wires this way, but I didn't figure out where to put it until after I lengthened everything anyway.
    818C chassis #546. Ordered 8/14/18, picked up 10/6/18. First start 01/16/2021!
    Donor: 2006 WRX wagon, 108k miles.
    Options: Chassis powder coat, CF street splitter, rockers, diffuser, and spoiler, polished shift knob, adjustable rear lower lateral control arms, vinyl padded dash/door, complete carpet set, battery cut-off switch, wiper kit, aluminum shifter assembly, complete CV axles, harness bar mount, matte gunmetal wheels.

11. Thanks SamT01 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mounted my front fuse box (the one that was originally inside the car) under the dash right in the center. I mounted the main box in the front compartment, mostly because it kept me from having to stuff even more wire into the tunnel, and it will be more accessible there. I cut down the original black container and lid. I can't imagine locating it in the engine compartment, at the other end of the car, but that's what the manual says, but I think there are a lot of options based on the year of the donor. My donor is a '07 WRX also, so yours should be similar.
    20210206_185912.jpg20210206_185943.jpg20210219_225633.jpg20210221_124342.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I mounted it behind the passenger seat with a 3D printed cover over it.

rear FB1.jpg

rear FB2.jpg

Rick