Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: looking for trailer to rent ASAP

Post Thanks / Like

looking for trailer to rent ASAP

Hello Gents!
    I'm heading to the LCS this year for the first time and was planning on driving the Cobra. However, recent knee surgery has put the kibosh on a long 8hr drive from Chicago, IL to London, OH.
    I'm scrambling to find a trailer to rent behind my Ram 1500. R & P Carriages rental (my go-to) does not have any left.
    Can anyone recommend a place where I can find one?

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    uhaul?

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    As David said, try U-Haul. I've had several cars transported to and from me on their car trailers and they work well for our cars. I'd expect their fleet will have one available nearby. If you go that route let me know and I'll fill you in on a couple of tricks for loading & unloading.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope the knee gets better soon! (sorry, can't provide any input on the trailer...)
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jeff, looks like UHaul it is!
    Any tips/tricks to load/unload would be GREATLY appreciated, my friend!

Post Thanks / Like
    The biggie with the U-Haul trailer is get the tongue as high as you can safely and put a block of wood under the end of the ramps. It reduces the angle difference between the ramp and bed of the trailer. It could save your sidepipes/brackets. I learned the hard way.
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used blocks of wood as described in this u-haul video. Worked perfectly.

MKIV #7275 Acquired June 2019 (2010 partial build), Gen 2 Coyote by Forte w/TK600- PRO 5.0 - McLeod RST twin Clutch-QT Bell, old style IRS, 8.8 3.55 Rear, Gas'n Headers/Pipes, Power Steering, Hydroboost by Forte, Breeze Roll Bar, Heated Seats, 17" halibrand w/ Nitto G2, Maradyne Fan Controller, Paul Proe Vent Kit, Russ Thompson Signal w/ FTP- Received June 2019/First Start April 2020/Go Cart May 2020/Legal September 2020/PAINT BY SPOTLIGHT CUSTOMS JAN 2021

8. Likes David Hodgkins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buttrey Rentals in Westmont has aluminum trailers for rental.
    Last edited by steno; 05-26-2021 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Spelling
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!