Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
wooward is correct. In the absence of a comparable body, The year 1960 is used for emissions requirements.

Hi all

Not FFR related, but I came across this thread while searching for info relating to my situation and hoped someone might have some advice.

Does the comparable body have to be a car that was sold in the US and compliant with whatever federal emissions requirements were in place in that year? Reason I'm asking is because I'm building a replica of a car that was only built and sold in limited quantity (few hundred) in Europe from 1972-1974 with no emissions requirements whatsoever. I have my SB100 number and will request it to be registered by BodyStyle. If the BAR determine it's a 1972 model year, I need PCV, and a sealed fuel system with vapor recovery system, etc. If it's determined not similar to anything, then it'll be classified 1960 and I only need PCV.

Thanks for any advice, or if it's not clear, where would I go to find out? Call up BAR, or need to wait and see what they say on the day I show up?

Best Regards
Paul