FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Fordman114's MKIV Build Project

Post Thanks / Like

Fordman114's MKIV Build Project

I finally took the plunge and ordered my roadster retirement project. I have built 4 street rods over the years starting in 1985 with a 1954 Ford F100 pickup. I then built a 1931 Ford Model A chopped top coupe. I wanted to build a Cobra at that time, but could not afford the outlay of cash to purchase a kit.

Well now things are different, I will be retiring on Dec. 31st , so I will have plenty of time on my hands. I ordered a complete kit at the end of August and have a build date of March 5, 2022.
    It seems like an eternity before it will be delivered, but it gives me time to get the shop in order. Need to find a temporary home for one of my street rods. I have a a four car garage, 2 cars wide and 2 cars deep with a small entertainment area in front of one stall. It will be pretty cramped with two cars and the project at the same time.

I already have my engine/transmission combo and a complete IRS from a 2019 Mustang GT.

My Build:
    Complete MK IV Kit
    Powdercoated chassis
    Gen 3 Coyote engine
    MT82 6 speed transmission
    Formacars MT82 shifter conversion kit
    Coyote full length headers
    Hydraulic clutch master cylinder kit
    31 Spline 2015 IRS driveshaft
    Body Cut-outs
    Vinyl seats-will re-upholster with ultra leather
    Coyote power steering w/compete kit
    Front lower arms-standard width
    2015 IRS Kit
    FFR GPS Gauge set
    17x9/10.5 Halibrand replica wheels
    Stainless bumper kit
    Wind wings
    Front and rear swaybars
    Brake duct mesh
    Chrome Drivers and passengers roll bars
    Assembled side louver set
    Center dash support
    Trunk gas struts
    Gen 3 coyote installation kit
    Manual driveshaft adapter
    Carbonfiber dash with glovebox
    Gas-N stainless touring sidepipes

I'm new at posting a thread, so bare with me while I learn how to post pics

2. Likes CaptB, Fman, JB in NOVA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice!
    FFR Roadster Delivered 9/16/21
    Forte 427 Fuel Injected with TKX Transmission
    Forte's Axle

4. Thanks Fordman114 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and congratulations. If you're planning a Ford Performance control pack for that Gen 3 Coyote, suggest you may want to order that now too. They're apparently in very short supply and potentially some months from delivery. Haven't heard this confirmed, but have to believe it's related to the microchip shortage. Guaranteed Ford is putting every PCM they can get into production vehicles. Not the aftermarket.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Welcome and congratulations. If you're planning a Ford Performance control pack for that Gen 3 Coyote, suggest you may want to order that now too. They're apparently in very short supply and potentially some months from delivery. Haven't heard this confirmed, but have to believe it's related to the microchip shortage. Guaranteed Ford is putting every PCM they can get into production vehicles. Not the aftermarket.
    Thanks, Yes I already have the control pack on order. I have no idea when it will be in stock, I'm not holding my breath. I agree they are not going to let any of them out to Ford Performance until they satisfy there own shortage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Getting impatient waiting for my build date to arrive. I have been using this time to build my chassis dolly and body buck. I have also ordered and received additional parts. I have my NITTO tires, I have heard stories of huge price increases on tires on the horizon so I wasn't going to wait too long to get them. It took over a month to get them anyway. I have my fuel pump and pressure regulator for the Coyote, both from Breeze. Also received my radiator shroud and forward battery mount.

Will be retiring on Dec. 31st, I can imagine how slow the time will pass once I am not working and still waiting for my March 5th build date.

Post Thanks / Like
    MK4 #10328 - complete kit - Gen 3 Coyote, 6 speed, IRS - ordered 9/9/2021, Built 3/5/2022, Delivered 3/23/2022, Completed build 2/1/2023

Post Thanks / Like
    Considering you had a 3/5 delivery date, I'm impressed. I'm doing a similar build, but am impatiently waiting until my July something delivery. Probably going to take me a year to make the progress you've already made.

Post Thanks / Like
    You're cruising right along! And, a belated congrats on your retirement!

P.S. it's probably a bit early to think about it, but if you don't like the Gen 3 cover, Forte offers a Gen 1 cover kit. I would've had to buy a cover anyway, so I opted for the Gen 1 cover. Here is a link with some pictures: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l=1#post439815
    Chris
    Coupe complete kit delivered: 4/22/24. Build Thread. Coyote. T-56. IRS w/3.55. Wilwoods. PS. HVAC. Side windows.
    MK4 Complete kit. Build Thread Index. Delivered: 10/15/2020. Legal: 7/25/23. Coyote Gen3. TKO600 (0.64 OD). IRS w/3.55. PS. Wilwoods. Sway bars. This build is dedicated to my son, Benjamin. Build Thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 460.465USMC View Post
    You're cruising right along! And, a belated congrats on your retirement!

P.S. it's probably a bit early to think about it, but if you don't like the Gen 3 cover, Forte offers a Gen 1 cover kit. I would've had to buy a cover anyway, so I opted for the Gen 1 cover. Here is a link with some pictures: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l=1#post439815

I have fabricated my own with the center section of the factory GEN 3 as a starting point. I add my own wings to cover up the valve covers, they will be painted to match the body and "COYOTE" accent badges installed

E41981EA-882E-4649-9373-221F0BC8BA0A.jpeg
    MK4 #10328 - complete kit - Gen 3 Coyote, 6 speed, IRS - ordered 9/9/2021, Built 3/5/2022, Delivered 3/23/2022, Completed build 2/1/2023

Post Thanks / Like
    Still waiting on POL parts to arrive. In the mean time I have been doing bodywork, wiring, and preparing for upholstery. I have been working on making patterns for upholstery. I have decided to do most of the interior in black leather with some body color accents. I won't explain the accents until I reveal the finished product.28BEAEE8-1F0B-42BE-BA78-63490839C5E0.jpg