FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: F5 Electronic Gauges

Post Thanks / Like

F5 Electronic Gauges

Hi

The MK2 that I purchased seems to have newer MK4 style electric gauges. They look identical to this set except my GPS speedometer has small jewels inside the gauge for turn signal and bright indicators. Based on the video there appears to be a way to activate other features on the LCD of the speedo for trip, 0-60 etc. For the life of me I have not been able to figure out how to trigger those features.

https://www.factoryfiveparts.com/160...s-speedometer/

What am I missing? I have located a button under the dash but pressing it or holding it has no impact on the display. Not certain what it is hooked up to maybe nothing

Thanks

Scott
    Last edited by svassh; 10-05-2021 at 02:20 PM.
    MK2 Roadster - 347 - Boss 302 Crate 4x2 Weber 44 IDFs

Post Thanks / Like
    The one you linked to uses a remote switch to control the alternate functions. Check to see if the gauge you have has that option. Perhaps the button you found is hooked up to program a different gauge or unplugged all together?

https://www.speedhut.com/ecommerce/p...ramming-Button
    FFR MK4 #8849. 2015 Coyote, 2015 IRS.

3. Thanks svassh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerns BBO View Post
    The one you linked to uses a remote switch to control the alternate functions. Check to see if the gauge you have has that option. Perhaps the button you found is hooked up to program a different gauge or unplugged all together?

https://www.speedhut.com/ecommerce/p...ramming-Button
    Thanks, that looks like the button I have under the dash. Guess its time to get on my back turn my body 45 degrees and get my head under the dash.

Post Thanks / Like
    feel the back of the speedo to see if the push button cable is attached. it might be attached to the clock as it also helps set your clock. or you could do what I did and buy an extra cable/button to permanently have one for the speedo and one for the clock. The clock notoriously runs fast and has to be reset every so often. Coincidentally, the speedo has a clock function as well that is always correct since it's GPS-fed.

6. Thanks svassh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by egchewy79 View Post
    feel the back of the speedo to see if the push button cable is attached. it might be attached to the clock as it also helps set your clock. or you could do what I did and buy an extra cable/button to permanently have one for the speedo and one for the clock. The clock notoriously runs fast and has to be reset every so often. Coincidentally, the speedo has a clock function as well that is always correct since it's GPS-fed.
    Thanks, did not know it was for the clock also. My clock is not powered so haven't bothered with that one yet. I traced the wire from the button and sure enough RCA jack on the end attached to nothing. Plugged it into the speedo and it works now.

Now for the next shocking find the Speedo apparently tracks highest speed and mine shows 136 MPH!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by svassh View Post
    Now for the next shocking find the Speedo apparently tracks highest speed and mine shows 136 MPH!
    That's impressive, and actually pretty cool that it's memorialized.
    MKIV Complete Kit #9822 l BluePrint 347 EFI l TKO600 l Power Steering l Heater/Defrost l Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB in NOVA View Post
    That's impressive, and actually pretty cool that it's memorialized.
    Now you have a goal to beat!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by svassh View Post
    Thanks, did not know it was for the clock also. My clock is not powered so haven't bothered with that one yet. I traced the wire from the button and sure enough RCA jack on the end attached to nothing. Plugged it into the speedo and it works now.

,,,, and that was while on a trailer!!!
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

11. Likes WIS89 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Railroad View Post
    ,,,, and that was while on a trailer!!!
    LOL, I was thinking dyno but I doubt a GPS Speedo works on a dyno.