Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Local SE Body & Paint

Post Thanks / Like

Local SE Body & Paint

Well, guess it's time to finally finish this thing. Still considering painting myself, but I'd like to explore having someone do it for me.
    I've retired and moved from the Seattle area to Pine Mountain Ga.
    Been driving my car for 11 years, started it in 2006.

I've been looking at a few HVLP sprayers with forced breathing air.

Anyway, glad to get back after it...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Dont have a painter to recommend but if you feel like a ride some Saturday we do a Cars and Coffee at the mall in Auburn, AL the 3rd Saturday of every month. 8-10am central time. Next one is next Saturday Oct 16. I'll be out of town but am usually there. Sometimes in my FFR.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll have to do that when I get back. I'm actually back in Seattle for 4 months. Seems The Boeing Co needed me. They're pretty short of qualified flight line people.
    Can't wait to get back to work on it. Pretty much down to paint and carpet.

Post Thanks / Like
    check out spotlight custom cars in Dahlonega GA
    they seem to do good work

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stinsonpilot View Post
    I'll have to do that when I get back. I'm actually back in Seattle for 4 months. Seems The Boeing Co needed me. They're pretty short of qualified flight line people.
    Can't wait to get back to work on it. Pretty much down to paint and carpet.
    Cool. Hope to see you out there sometime. I have a lot of time in Boeing Jets! (727, 737, 757, 767, and 717 kinda fake Boeing! haha)Sounds like from your username we can talk cars and flying!
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17

6. Likes stinsonpilot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Currently working in Renton Wa on the 737 Max, getting them ready for first flights. Not a bad gig, I'm an inspector.
    I attached a few pics. I've had my Stinson for 21 years or so. Currently own the orange/white Hiperbipe. The other pic is the Stinson with my Steen Skybolt, sold it last spring, had it for 9 years. Building an airplane as well.
    Before I retired, I traveled a lot with The Boeing AOG team as an inspector. That was a really great job.

Did a lot of work on DC-9's & MD80's before they were 717's at Northwest Airlines.

Looking forward to getting back to the Cobra...
    Stinson_Hiperbipe.jpgStinson_Skybolt.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by egchewy79 View Post
    I'll check them out. Saw some of their work online. Looks like they do good work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another recommendation for Spotlight Custom Cars in Dahlonega GA.
    FFR MKIV ordered 12 July 2019. IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 18" Wheels w/MT tires, power steering, EFI, Heat. 347 Dart w/TKO-600 by Mike Forte, Holley FI, MSD coil and CD box. All new, no donor build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice looking planes! Northwest never operated the 717. We had merged with them and it was all Delta before the 717s came on property. Hope to see the Cobra at a cars and coffee in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote for Spotlight Customs (The Snake Pit) https://www.facebook.com/spotlightcustomcars/

Here's my experience with Spotlight:
    It's primarily a custom/show car quality body shop, but has focused on Cobras and FFR. The shop is run professionally and very customer focused. Also, he's honest and when he gives you a date to start, that's the date he starts. When he gives you a finish date/timeline, expect that to also be real. He kept me informed during the 6 weeks he had it with weekly phone calls and pictures of the progress every few days without my asking. No runs, drips, trash, overspray, "buggers," or anything else. Stripes are tight and razor sharp. He also cuts and buffs the finished product for glass like high gloss finishes. He's North of Atlanta, so not that far from you.

FFR MKIV ordered 12 July 2019. IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 18" Wheels w/MT tires, power steering, EFI, Heat. 347 Dart w/TKO-600 by Mike Forte, Holley FI, MSD coil and CD box. All new, no donor build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote for Spotlight Custom Cars. I had the same excellent experience that RBachman had. The paint looks like liquid hot metal.

F84F262D-9C29-49C7-9EEB-6E862EC1FDE9.jpeg
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

Post Thanks / Like
    x2 on spotlight.
    MKIV #7275 Acquired June 2019 (2010 partial build), Gen 2 Coyote by Forte w/TK600- PRO 5.0 - McLeod RST twin Clutch-QT Bell, old style IRS, 8.8 3.55 Rear, Gas'n Headers/Pipes, Power Steering, Hydroboost by Forte, Breeze Roll Bar, Heated Seats, 17" halibrand w/ Nitto G2, Maradyne Fan Controller, Paul Proe Vent Kit, Russ Thompson Signal w/ FTP- Received June 2019/First Start April 2020/Go Cart May 2020/Legal September 2020/PAINT BY SPOTLIGHT CUSTOMS JAN 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RBachman View Post
    Another vote for Spotlight Customs (The Snake Pit) https://www.facebook.com/spotlightcustomcars/

Here's my experience with Spotlight:
    It's primarily a custom/show car quality body shop, but has focused on Cobras and FFR. The shop is run professionally and very customer focused. Also, he's honest and when he gives you a date to start, that's the date he starts. When he gives you a finish date/timeline, expect that to also be real. He kept me informed during the 6 weeks he had it with weekly phone calls and pictures of the progress every few days without my asking. No runs, drips, trash, overspray, "buggers," or anything else. Stripes are tight and razor sharp. He also cuts and buffs the finished product for glass like high gloss finishes. He's North of Atlanta, so not that far from you.
    What He Said..... Mike at Spotlight Customs is great to work with. I've had the pleasure of transporting 5 FFR Cobra's to and from Mike... they always look better in person than the photos... That is a huge compliment as photos can hide a lot of "flaws" But when you see his work in person... it's BadAsp....

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

15. Likes RBachman liked this post