Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: R dead pedal?

Post Thanks / Like

R dead pedal?

So, did I miss something?
    Did you folks get R dead pedals or make your own, or what?
    The R supplement in the manual reads, "Finish rivet the dead pedals in place." Showing very different items than the S units. It's not like it says they are optional or make your own or something...

The person I'm talking to at Factory Five first tried to tell me I need PN's 80459 and 80460, which are the angled, S parts. I have these.
    When I asked again and sent pics of the R units from the manual I was told, "In the case of the R, you need to use the stock dead pedals and modify them to fit, as there is (sic) no specific ones for the R."

I went back again asking to escalate my issue, and was then told, PN's for the R are 80890 and 80891 and they are $50 each.

I don't mind buying, or making, them if that's what everyone else did. I'm just trying to understand, are they supposed to be included? Did you folks get them in you kits?

I know I'm getting my Karen on here, trying to "talk to the manager," but I'm just trying to understand the expectation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by driveslikejehu View Post
    So, did I miss something?
    Did you folks get R dead pedals or make your own, or what?
    The R supplement in the manual reads, "Finish rivet the dead pedals in place." Showing very different items than the S units. It's not like it says they are optional or make your own or something...

The person I'm talking to at Factory Five first tried to tell me I need PN's 80459 and 80460, which are the angled, S parts. I have these.
    When I asked again and sent pics of the R units from the manual I was told, "In the case of the R, you need to use the stock dead pedals and modify them to fit, as there is (sic) no specific ones for the R."

I went back again asking to escalate my issue, and was then told, PN's for the R are 80890 and 80891 and they are $50 each.

I don't mind buying, or making, them if that's what everyone else did. I'm just trying to understand, are they supposed to be included? Did you folks get them in you kits?

I know I'm getting my Karen on here, trying to "talk to the manager," but I'm just trying to understand the expectation.

If you ordered an R kit I think it should come with the correct parts. On my packing slip, for an R kit, it shows under mounted aluminum both left and right “Race” dead pedals. However, they were not present when I received my kit and so I told FFR they needed to send them to me. I don’t think it’s crazy to ask them for the parts that should come with the kit you paid for. With being said I have a lot of S parts they sent me that I will not be using.
    CD1E8195-F6DF-453A-A837-F28FE6B23B53.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    It should come with left and right dead pedals, mine did.
    MK3.1 Roadster completed 2011
    818R built with EZ36R H6 completed 2018
    818R rebuild with a JDM Honda K24A