FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Paul in Washington New FFR Cobra Build

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Paul in Washington New FFR Cobra Build

Hi Guys
    We have just received our FFR Kit a couple of weeks ago, My teenage daughter and I are going to build our cobra over the next year and hopefully finish before she departs for University.. (and yes she gets to pick the Color)
    As a Brit EngiNerd Family living in the US we thought it would be a great project to do together because it marries British heritage with American ingenuity. We have a lot to figure out especially with the global supply chain, I am sure we are going to have a bunch of questions as we go, and wanted to say hi since we are now becoming a part of the cobra brotherhood. Hail Shelby! (Hail Smith just doesn't have the same ring to it. sorry Dave if you ever read this :-) )
    Looking forward to chatting with you all

MKIV complete kit
    Powder coated frame
    Power steering
    IRS
    Coyote Engine
    351W/TKX drivetrain
    Stainless exhaust
    Leather seats
    Vintage Wheels 17" polished pin drive wheels
    Russ Thompson turn signal kit
    And the list goes on and on...

2. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Paul. Welcome aboard! That will be a fantastic graduation present for your daughter! I think you guys will enjoy the experience.

What part of Washington do you live? I'm in Spokane.

P.S. Are you going with the Coyote or the 351W? I wasn't sure because your build list mentions both.
    Last edited by 460.465USMC; 03-25-2022 at 04:43 PM.
    Chris
    Coupe complete kit delivered: 4/22/24. Build Thread. Coyote. T-56. IRS w/3.55. Wilwoods. PS. HVAC. Side windows.
    MK4 Complete kit. Build Thread Index. Delivered: 10/15/2020. Legal: 7/25/23. Coyote Gen3. TKO600 (0.64 OD). IRS w/3.55. PS. Wilwoods. Sway bars. This build is dedicated to my son, Benjamin. Build Thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome aboard. That’s really great that your daughter wants to do this with you. Sounds like a real bonding experience. The board is an incredible resource. I look forward to your updates.

Good luck
    MK4 #10008 - Ordered 10/06/20, Delivered 03/03/21, First Start 7/22/21, First Go Kart 7/24/21
    Paint by Metal Morphous 5/14/22, Legally registered 6/8/22, Graduated 7/20/22
    Build Thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...been-delivered
    Complete Kit, Ford 306, Sniper/Dual Sync, T5, Hydraulic clutch

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, looks like a great build plan, especially with your daughter involved. My kit is due in August, I’m already counting the days like a kid waiting on Xmas. Like many others I’ve been trying to get the long lead items ordered early.

I am in Puyallup and there are a couple others in the area starting builds this summer as well.
    Last edited by Barwickad; 03-26-2022 at 12:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul,
    Being a Brit who has spent a greater part of his life in the States, I would say it is more a marriage of British heritage and American muscle. I don't know if there was much ingenuity or engineering in it. Rather, put the biggest and most powerful engine in a small roadster and keep going bigger and more powerful until there is nothing left or until the car blows up. Factory Five actually gives us the opportunity to go to the edge and still have some modern safety features built in. My kit doesn't arrive until November, but I'm basing my build spec on the 50:50 rule - when I go out for a drive on a Sunday afternoon, I want to have at least a 50% chance of making it back. Good luck. I'll enjoy following you building your jam jar.
    Cheers,
    David