BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Do you like the MK4 Roadster section?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oh yeah! Digging the WIKI, Center Page recent posts, and small News section

1 50.00%
  • Yeah, it's pretty good, but I got some ideas to make it better.

1 50.00%
  • That's pretty messed up, man.

0 0%
  • What the heck are you doing?!? Somebody ban this guy!!

0 0%

Thread: Check out the MK4 Section link from the home page

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Check out the MK4 Section link from the home page

Hey gang,

I've been experimenting with the sections and think I've made some good progress! Check out the section link from the home page. I've got a WIKI, Recent posts and news in a custom layout.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/conte...-documentation

Waddya think? Lets set up the First poll to find out~!

Last edited by David Hodgkins; 02-10-2011 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Added link to section

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey Dave, Looks like we changed the name of the Roadster Forum to MK4. I'm not a fan and think it should be like it was (something like): "Factory Five Roadster Forum" Love the subtitle though.

Essentially, all Mark levels.

Thoughts?

R

Robert, I really miss you man

FFR Roadster Mark III, 500hp Small Block Chevrolet, TKO600, BMW Imola Red with silver ghost flamed stripes by the immortal Batman.

"There's nothing you can't do, only stuff you haven't done yet!"

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a little biased as I do not have a MkIV and would prefer Roadster Forum. Calling it the MkIV Forum might tend to alienate existing owners with other Mk's. How about "Factory Five Roadster Forum (MkIV, MkIII, MkII, and MkI)". Long winded I know. Comments?

By the way I'm really liking the graphics on the site. It's clean uncluttered and just looks fresh.
    Mike............

FFR2100 - 331 with KB supercharger - T5 - 5 link rear 3.08's and T2 Torsen.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    David,

I would rather see a "Roadster" section than a MK-IV section. Lots of MK-3, MK-3.1 and I've been helping a guy with his MK-II build are still out there. Heck, I still post questions about our car and it's a very early MK-II (I call it a MK-1.5) My opinion is we should keep the main Forum titles as generic as possible.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I agree that it should be changed from MK4 to Roadster...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    So, let's change it back?

R

Robert, I really miss you man

FFR Roadster Mark III, 500hp Small Block Chevrolet, TKO600, BMW Imola Red with silver ghost flamed stripes by the immortal Batman.

"There's nothing you can't do, only stuff you haven't done yet!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yep, I'll change it tonight (on mobile phone now) when I get home...

Post Thanks / Like
    I vote for a generic roadster forum as well.

I think one of the problems of the old forum was a bit too much fragmentation. IMHO what drives the energy of a forum is constant posts and updates, when they get spread out among to many sub forums all the forums feels slow. Plus its too much work to scrub multiple forums to see whats going on. I agree its a fine balance though and for the most part ffcars should be a good benchmark to model from.

Where sub forums work, is in the instance of specific engine configs that can assist people to find the information they are looking for more readily. Take for instance, big blocks, or chevy motors in a FFR. I dont think people who have say a chevy in their FFR should only post in the chevy forum, but use it just for specific challenges that arise when installing a chevy motor in a FFR. This way the information stays focused and pure on the subject mater and the standard posts still happen in the roadster forum.

What do you guys think?

David

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree on keeping the number of sub forums under control.

Is there a way to add a tag to a thread kind of like the For Sale and Wanted that would identify a thread as a modular motor thread or a suspension thread or a brakes thread? Not sure if that would work. You almost want to be able to add metatags to threads to make the search function more accurate but at the same time less specific so that if someone wanted to learn about brakes they could do a general search without having to worry about not using the correct search words. Not sure what the capabilities of the forum software are but hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say...
    Mike............

FFR2100 - 331 with KB supercharger - T5 - 5 link rear 3.08's and T2 Torsen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    David, that's what we'll use the wikis for. Stuff like big blocks, Chevy power, all of that stuff can be in the Roadster forum (notice, It's been changed) and the really good threads will be promoted to an article and placed in the wiki. The wiki should have a LOT of categories so people can drill right down to info about specific brakes, engine, etc...

I'm setting up wiki for every car and they will be ready for tomorrow's launch.