Quote Originally Posted by LateApex View Post
Wow! Those look nice.

I opted for the crack-back bucket seats, which I think are very comfortable, and I like them, as they remind me of my first car which was a '68 Firebird with the factory ram air, 400 c.i. V8 and the Muncie 4-speed fitted with a Hurst Super-Comp T-Handled shifter. THAT car had too much engine; like the Sunbeam Alpine/Tiger - more power than brakes :-)

FWIW, a key consideration for builders of "The Coupe" is head protection. With the roll cage, a minor incident with another vehicle on public roads translates to head injury. I have a Steve McQueen Bell helmet which I'll don when I am deliberately driving fast (is there any other way???), but I am second guessing whether I should have at least considered protection against "the crack back" and / or side impact protection :-)
Bob, I imagine it's easy enough to get some kind of head pad mounted on the roll cage behind your head for this, that was my other consideration. Also on the Kirkey website they sell adhesive closed cell foam padding for roll cages that I will mount to the roll cage next to the side of my head as I can see that being a problematic point of side impact, I have a big melon, not from smarts, probably too much air up there!