Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: Cruella de Vil #346 Build Finish Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cruella de Vil #346 Build Finish Thread

This past weekend I picked up a fairly complete car but will be very much like a new build due to its condition. This car was started in 2011 as a Stage 1 Kit by Paul Pisani of Harrison, NY. Paul added a Ebay sourced rebuilt 347 stroker, rebuilt T5 and 8.8 rear. It was sold in 2012 to Don Harris of Boerne, TX who ordered the Stage 2 kit and got it to a running driving car. My understanding is at that point Don decided he wanted to turn it into a show car and turned it over to Texas Hot Rods in San Antonio, TX for customization. Not sure completely what Don's vision was as unfortunately he passed away 2 years ago.

The car is currently a non running roller as the wiring harness was completely removed from the car along with the brake lines, pedals, glass, seats. Its a well optioned car with A/C, Electric PS, Electric PB, Bauer Big Brakes. What I do know is that Don intended the car to be a full time coupe as he deleted the Roadster windshield from the Stage 2 Kit and the hard top is currently screwed onto the body. I do know that some of the custom work completed by Texas Hot Rods for Don included cutting the window frames from the hard top and attaching them to the doors, cutting the hood for the bug scoop and adding matching insets to the hood and engine side panels that matched the bug scoop. They also added an electric actuator to open and close the hood and crafted the fenders from steel. I'm sure there are many other custom features I will find over time as this is the first 33 Kit I have seen in person.

Now for the name Cruella de Vil, my wife names all our cars so that is all I can say about that. Attached are some photos including my wife doing her best Cruella impression. Also here is a photo of Don when he first got the car to go kart. Fortunately for me at some point he got rid of the pastel wagon wheels I did get the air cleaner but that accidentally fell into the trash.

213179971_4122200981205096_6275701538720168035_n.jpg
    208260830_4122200881205106_4192651051968058574_n.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by svassh; 07-05-2022 at 12:48 PM.
    MK2 Roadster - 347 - Boss 302 Crate 4x2 Weber 44 IDFs

2. Likes j33ptj, JimLev liked this post