After looking at all the great build threads over the last year, it’s time to start my own! On Monday, 8/22/22, I received the rest of my Mk4 Complete Kit. My plan is for a street car setup, which will include no rollbars, no hoodscoop and undercar exhaust. Haven’t completely decided on the paint color, but am leaning towards British Racing Green. The options I got from Factory Five include powdercoating the frame, IRS components (including brakes), 17” Halibrand Wheels, hydraulic clutch, power steering, vintage gauge set, and vinyl dash w/glovebox. From Blueprint, I ordered the 347FI and TKX. From Breeze, I got the front battery box and cockpit cubby hole kit. The inventory is now complete, only a few missing items (which Factory Five promptly sent) and a sheet of parts on order. I have plenty to get started!

I was able to find a body buck and chassis dolly locally (thank you BradCraig and Jaguar Engineer). I also went to the build school in Michigan back in May, which I highly recommend! I’m excited to begin this journey and look forward to giving back to this community where I’ve learned so much.

arrival.JPG garage1.JPG garage3.jpg