Quote Originally Posted by buttsjim View Post
I hesitate to post this because it’s philosophical, rather than mechanical, but the missing IRS fastener issue made me realize that I needed to make a major attitude adjustment regarding my project....Afterwards, I realized that I was completely defeating the purpose of getting the kit—it’s supposed to be fun! I bought the kit as much for the build as for the finished product, and there’s no rush to get anything done. I’m not under a timeline and can walk away from the Cobra whenever I want, so I decided no more goals; I won’t go out to the garage with the intention of installing this, or finishing that, I’ll just go out and work on it. If I get stymied by whatever I’m trying to do, I can stop and try again later. If I make forward progress, that’s fine. If it takes me an hour to mark and drill two holes, that’s fine too. This is a great project, and I plan on enjoying it.
Well said, Jim! I've adopted the same approach to my build. Mostly, because I'm incredibly slow. But also because I want to savor the build process. The only goal I set is to try to get out to the garage on a regular basis, and try to do something (e.g. "mark and drill two holes") even if I only have 15 minutes.