Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: SEMA 2022 Unofficial

Post Thanks / Like

SEMA 2022 Unofficial

I spent a day a SEMA. 4th time I've had the opportunity and first since the shut-down. It was a very good show. There was some comment about Ford not participating but there was plenty of Ford product on display. Modified Broncos and Mustangs everywhere you looked. Lexus/Toyota took over the big Ford space. The drifting Mustangs were replaced by drifting Supras outside. They might not sound the same, but the passengers looked like they were scared, none the less. Same tire burning, eye watering smell.

Factory Five had a nice exhibit and a much better location. Closer to the entrance in the South Hall. The Trophy Truck was front and center. I didn't hear anything official about release dates or pricing.

The truck looks great. I've noticed that the offroad section of the SEMA has grown tremendously over the years and I'm sure FFR is eager to attract that customer base. The Trophy Truck is a great start. Lots of F-150 doner wrecks out there to base a project on.

Very happy to see Erik's stretched Hot Rod Truck. I followed the builder in Hawaii who lengthened his cab and I think FFR stretched the Lagano drift truck. I had hoped FFR would offer this to the public. This will be a big hit. They lengthened the wheelbase instead of shortening the bed like the previous mods, so this is better all around.

I'm 6'-6" and I had room. Not going to say comfy, but enough leg and head room that with pedal and seat mods, this truck could be a legit project for me. My wife will be so happy!
    I heard Dave Hodgkins also got it. Between the stretched hot rod truck and the trophy truck, Wokkiees have options.

This Mk-IV had a GT-500 motor and the cut down racing window. Thought that was pretty cool. They also had a nice 289 with Webbers, the Dalas Cowboy tribute 33 Hot Rod and a GTM race car in the booth. I didn't get good photos of those because of the crowds. Hopefully FFR will release some photos of the booth taken before the doors open.

A big part of the show, as you might guess was Electric. There were electrified Porsches, muscle cars and trucks everywhere. There was a new display called SEMA Electrified where the vendors selling crate motor kits had their gear. It was impressive. I'd say It's Coming but It's Here is more accurate.

A company called Scorpion had a couple of ELECTRIC FFR Mk-IVs on display.

The side pipes have "100% Electric" etched on them.

All for now.
    -Steve
    Last edited by Straversi; 11-04-2022 at 02:15 PM.
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

2. Thanks Just 1 More, David Hodgkins thanked for this post