Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cockpit Size

Post Thanks / Like

Cockpit Size

I was wondering if there is anyone in the St. Louis area, I am in the Wentzville area, willing to let me sit in their car to get an idea if the car is big enough for me before I order my kit. I am 6'3" 280 just worried that I get my kit get it all assembled and cannot fit in the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure. We have multiple people on here from the Gateway Cobra Club. You're welcome to sit in mine. It's not drivable right now or I'd meet you somewhere. I live in House Springs. I'm 6'2" and a little bigger than you. I have a non traditional dash, but we have others with a more traditional if thats is your thing. Just pm me. We also meet once a month on the second Tuesday of the month from March thru Nov. Come join us. Also we have build parties if you need a hand.
    FFR #4402 MKII Supercharged 308 445 RWHP Sterling Grey W/ Black Sapphire Stripes, Purchase 8/22/2008 Sold 12/04/2018
    FFR #8249 MK IV "Milano" Kit purchased 10/5/2018 - In-Process with 3.27 IRS, Multiport, Fuel Injected Supercharged 347 Big bore with Coil On Plug running Holley HP engine management, 576 RWHP, 510 Torque
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?29980 Milano thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    sdeal0527,

Welcome to the forum!

With your size, I wouldn't worry. I'm 6'5" in socks and I drive mine just fine in size 16 running shoe. I'm probably 330 in this old shot of my MKIIIL

There are a few basic "tweaks" you can do to maximize cockpit space, like using Kirkey racing seats, proper pedal adjustment and a few washers to raise the steering wheel. I used a "straight wall" inner driver's panel from FFMetal in combination with their "Firewall forward" firewall. I'm not sure what the space availability is like with the newer MKIV aluminum in that spot. I run a nice BOSS 302, which is a smaller motor, and was able to push out that inner wall for more room. My steering wheel is removable, but really are not needed to enter and exit the car.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you I may take you up on that offer !