Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Catching air…

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Catching air…

Man I want one of these!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tabor View Post
    I could catch that much air in my Type 65.

Dave
    Gen III #17
    I’d hate to see the undercarriage after that!

Considering this is a Pre-runner and not a race truck I’m looking at that little jump and I like the articulation of the suspension. It looks real smooth and within the performance envelope of what I want to do with it, over landing and back woods trail running. Can’t wait to get it up in the mountains so I can camp with my son and his Toyota FJ.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Having worked for on-road and off-road OEMs, That demonstration for the camera would be instrumented durability testing at two to four cycles per minute, eight hours per day, and five or seven days per week depending on the schedule. There was a durability spec of mean time to first failure that reset to "0" if anything broke before that. Yeah, expensive testing.
    jim

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    This thing can articulate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Hodgkins View Post
    This thing can articulate!
    Oh yeah!

Post Thanks / Like
    lack of truck bed carrying capacity aside, the more I look at the XTF the more I like the truck!
    Last edited by narkosys; 10-22-2023 at 10:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the publicity for Factory Five on Car and Driver. Halo effect on all FFR cars as THE replica kit car brand! That said, I really don't get the truck. Outside of the bed design, not a lot of people would be able to differentiate it from a Raptor, and how many really go sand duning to test its suspension capabilities? The aftermarket for an F150 is extensive, so many have already gone down this road without a kit. I wish they would have devoted the time to the F9. I might have been a player!
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cv2065 View Post
    Love the publicity for Factory Five on Car and Driver. Halo effect on all FFR cars as THE replica kit car brand! That said, I really don't get the truck. Outside of the bed design, not a lot of people would be able to differentiate it from a Raptor, and how many really go sand duning to test its suspension capabilities? The aftermarket for an F150 is extensive, so many have already gone down this road without a kit. I wish they would have devoted the time to the F9. I might have been a player!
    I have to believe this truck is about SoCal. You literally can not drive for 5 minutes in San Diego County without seeing a "pre-runner" truck. Personally I am sick of them, but that does not mean that the market is not there.

We have tons of places to go to sand dunes, rock crawling, etc, and while the sanctioned racing may be collared pretty well in CA, there are races in Nevada, Arizona, and Mexico which are all epic events for off road racing. Tons and tons of people go out and spend the weekend in the desert camping and watching these races. "Pre-runners" get them there.

While I don't see this FFR truck as a race vehicle per se, I think it may become very popular with people that want a "medium space" pre-runner. In other words something more than the base F150 with a lift kit and shocks, but less than a full blown real "pre-runner" which my neighbor spent over $250k on his. His race truck was approaching the 7 figure mark. OOOF!! For real race vehicles, including real race pre-runners, the market is VERY small and VERY pricey.

As the stated recipient by Dave Smith of one of the first F9s out of FFR, when and if that model happens, I too hope the F9 does happen at some point, but I do also see the place in the market for this kind of kit. I could actually see it eclipsing all other models if they have gotten the details right...along with the price point. Time will tell.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

10. Likes Edgeman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So-Cal, Nevada, and Arizona for sure. Tons of Raptors and other pre-runners around Las Vegas.