Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New To The Family!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking New To The Family!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Gray and I am new to the Factory Five family. I've been admiring from afar for quite some time as I've been a 65 Roadster lover ever since I was a little boy.

I live in North Carolina (born and raised) and I believe it is the weather here that is just calling my name to build one of these!! As all newbies, I have so many questions but have been following many recommendations of other "Family Members". One of my first steps is to get my hands on a complete builders manual for the roadster so that I am able to read through everything many, many times while watching YouTubers like Dan's Garage. I've reached out to FFR and they don't appear to have any hard copies of the manuals available currently but I guess that means I may just need to get the PDF version and get a set printed off somewhere?

Well, I've rambled on enough but wanted to finally make the first step and introduce myself so that I'm no longer just a wallflower. Thank you in advance for all the time and tips you all will be able to provide. I've heard nothing but AMAZING things about this community.

Best Regards,

Gray

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, you have definitely come to the right place for advice and ideas on building one of these cars. A lot of knowledgeable folks on here! I know they sure helped me through my build journey.

Have you ordered your kit?
    Build #9818 completed 04/2021 - Dart SBF 427, PF4 EFI, TKO600 Build thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...utton-head-mod
    Build review video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6IAbo2sFt4&t=1111s My finished car: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/atta...7&d=1638415131

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome Gray. We hope we can help with any questions you have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the warm welcomes! Nothing on order at the moment. Too many options and a bit overwhelming to pick through if I'm honest.

Post Thanks / Like
    @Fman, Just realized that I've watched your videos and even have inspiration pictures of your build! What are the odds?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. I hope this site helps you choose your build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Gray,

Welcome! We're really glad you're here. Choosing the configuration of a kit is a major part of the first part of your build journey. What is important to you when you think about what this car's characteristics are? Is it an easy cruiser, or a fire breathing beast? What type of ride do you want? Track-ready grip and ride, or expansion-joint-absorbing highway-smoothing suppleness?

When you close your eyes and imagine yourself on those scenic North Carolina roads, what do you see? Classic looks or modern? What do you hear? Unbridled horsepower or the ability to talk to your passenger?

Lots to consider when first considering a build. What's important to you?

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)