Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: New 4th Gen Coyote available as a crate engine

25th Anniversary #9772 toadster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face New 4th Gen Coyote available as a crate engine

https://www.thedrive.com/news/2024-f...a-crate-engine

I wonder who will be first in the FFR game? oof on the price though!

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-M50D

more than likely the Gen4X will be in the FFR kits due to the single throttle body setup
    https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-M50H
    Last edited by toadster; 04-23-2024 at 02:17 PM.
    Todd
    25th Anniversary MkIV | #20 of 25 | Build #9772
    https://cobradreams.com/ <- my build!

2. Likes 460.465USMC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to be using the 4th gen it looks. I've been trying to get a 3rd gen for a bit now. There are a few out there but I am looking for vendors that sell a complete package that are familiar with the challenges the roadster brings. I'd be willing to try to go with a dual throttle body setup as I think it'd be super cool to get some custom intake plumbing as center piece to the engine bay... but my worry is that it could be a different ECU for that. So if I get impatient or can't figure it out it's buying a new intake and ECU then. That makes that easily a $2500-$3000 difference with those pricey CPUs these days. I'm going to give it a month and call Forte and see if he's including these in his packages yet. If he is... I'll pull the trigger.
    MK4 #10255 project: "Mako"
    Coyote Gen 3, TKX, IRS, Wilwood brakes, power steering
    Order date: 6/24/21, Received date: 1/12/22, First Gocart date: TBD, Registration date: TBD
    Build thread

Post Thanks / Like
    at 12:1 compression, are you able to use pump gas or would one need race fuel?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to go Gen3 Coyote, but I'm pivoting to a 427 SBF. I don't want to fight the inevitable problems that come with a new Gen Coyote. That said, I have all my FFR Coyote bits available in the For Sale section if anyone is interested...Power Steering, headers, driveshaft, motor mounts, installation kit, etc. I'll make a good deal for someone who is interested.

Greg
    Built an early MkIII years ago, sold years ago.
    Got Corvettes out of my system, and now back after 18 years to build a MkIV.
    MkIV Complete Kit Ordered 4/18/23, Delivered 7/11/23, 427 Stroker, Holley Sniper 2, Hyperspark, TKX, IRS, Wilwood Big Brakes
    Here to learn, contribute, and have fun!

6. Likes toadster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a heads up that Ford is saying the Gen 4 with dual throttle bodies will not be tunable, whereas the Gen 4X will be. Something to keep in mind.

8. Likes toadster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 2024 stock mustang configuration runs at 12:1 as well. I've read on a couple forums that the owners manual says regular fuel is fine but don't expect to get near the HP rating on the sheet without premium fuel.

Yeah I'm hoping the non-tunable dual throttle bodies is just a marketing miscommunication for now. It's hard to believe that ford is locking out the huge after market business (basing that on the assumption the stock version is not tunable neither). There has been a lot of weird dealings on whether car owners "own" the software when purchasing their cars lately though. This may be an experimental first run on some type of after purchase money grab (assuming for a fee you can "unlock" your tune later) to see if they can get away with it. That could be my tin foil hat talking though. Remember when you had to pay BMW a subscription for heated seats? That didn't last long.
    MK4 #10255 project: "Mako"
    Coyote Gen 3, TKX, IRS, Wilwood brakes, power steering
    Order date: 6/24/21, Received date: 1/12/22, First Gocart date: TBD, Registration date: TBD
    Build thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by topherchrisb View Post
    The 2024 stock mustang configuration runs at 12:1 as well. I've read on a couple forums that the owners manual says regular fuel is fine but don't expect to get near the HP rating on the sheet without premium fuel.

Yeah I'm hoping the non-tunable dual throttle bodies is just a marketing miscommunication for now. It's hard to believe that ford is locking out the huge after market business (basing that on the assumption the stock version is not tunable neither). There has been a lot of weird dealings on whether car owners "own" the software when purchasing their cars lately though. This may be an experimental first run on some type of after purchase money grab (assuming for a fee you can "unlock" your tune later) to see if they can get away with it. That could be my tin foil hat talking though. Remember when you had to pay BMW a subscription for heated seats? That didn't last long.
    GM locked the ECU on the C8 Corvette, as well. It took some time for the aftermarket to jailbreak it, but it happened. It sounds like Ford is following suit.
    Built an early MkIII years ago, sold years ago.
    Got Corvettes out of my system, and now back after 18 years to build a MkIV.
    MkIV Complete Kit Ordered 4/18/23, Delivered 7/11/23, 427 Stroker, Holley Sniper 2, Hyperspark, TKX, IRS, Wilwood Big Brakes
    Here to learn, contribute, and have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Toadster, thanks for posting! Great to see there are officially Coyote options again. I'm a ways out from ordering, so hoping some of the "kinks" get worked out by the time I pull the trigger.
    Chris
    Coupe complete kit delivered: 4/22/24. Build Thread. Coyote. T-56. IRS w/3.55. Wilwoods. PS. HVAC. Side windows.
    MK4 Complete kit. Build Thread Index. Delivered: 10/15/2020. Legal: 7/25/23. Coyote Gen3. TKO600 (0.64 OD). IRS w/3.55. PS. Wilwoods. Sway bars. This build is dedicated to my son, Benjamin. Build Thread.

12. Likes toadster liked this post