BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FFR Roll Bars

Post Thanks / Like

FFR Roll Bars

Has anyone heard what the time frame is on the backordered rollbars. My dual rollbars were backordered. Kit was ready for shipment/pick up on Feb 21st. Three calls to FFR yielded little useful information. Anyone know the hold up? Suppliers go bankrupt? Has anyone recieved any rollbars in the last 2 months?

Rebostar

Post Thanks / Like
    You could go with the Breeze bars, I think they look better than the paperclip ones from Factory Five.
    My build thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Roadster-Build

Thread on Stainless Steel AN brake lines.

Thread on fasteners and torque wrenches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebostar View Post
    Has anyone heard what the time frame is on the backordered rollbars. My dual rollbars were backordered. Kit was ready for shipment/pick up on Feb 21st. Three calls to FFR yielded little useful information. Anyone know the hold up? Suppliers go bankrupt? Has anyone recieved any rollbars in the last 2 months?

Rebostar
    I have a driver's side one that I won't be using.
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cv2065 View Post
    I have a driver's side one that I won't be using.
    CV2065,
    Thanks, but I paid a lot of cash for dual chrome roll bars. I dont think I'm ready to pay for another one, or set at this time. Sure would like the ones I paid for. Seems the covid supply chain issues are are over from what I've seen from the venders I use regularly. FFR is mum on what the hold up is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Bray View Post
    You could go with the Breeze bars, I think they look better than the paperclip ones from Factory Five.
    Mike.
    I like the way your roll bar looks. If FFR keeps dragging their a***s I'll ask for a refund and look into them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebostar View Post
    CV2065,
    …FFR is mum on what the hold up is.
    The shop that had been doing their chroming closed up shop. As you may know the EPA regs have forced a number of them to close up and almost no new blood is getting into the game due to the difficulty and cost of compliance. I just completed a car for a customer who had been waiting for about 8 months and we finally resorted to getting bare steel bars and having them chromed locally (if you consider 100 miles away local). You might want to consider doing the same. By the way, the breeze bars are raw steel and have to be fitted to the car and welded. If you want them in chrome you’ll have to find a shop to have them done also.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I was waiting for a Passenger side roll bar and got it about 2 months ago from Chris...and was glad to finally get it. For reference, I think my original order date was Nov '22, with a ship date of June '23.

Jeff, your explanation makes a lot of sense. My Passenger side roll bar had a little bit of tarnish, and that might be due to an inexperienced shop. I'm hoping "it'll buff out"

Craig C

Post Thanks / Like
    Just received my bars last week. Kit arrived early December.

Correction, only 1 showed up. Original order was for 2.
    Last edited by Wizbangdoodle; 04-30-2024 at 12:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was told head supplier passed away. I decided to just keep my powder coated one for now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I plan on selling my chrome one’s as a set. If anyone is interested pm me to discuss further.

Doug
    Dj or Doug or TheLateDude
    ----- #19 of 25th Anniversary MKIV 9769 -----
    Build Link: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Slow-Progress
    Ordered: Oct 07, 2019 / Production: Dec 28th, 2019 / Shipped: Jan 19th, 2019 First Start: In the future... / Graduation: Even further in the future...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    The shop that had been doing their chroming closed up shop. As you may know the EPA regs have forced a number of them to close up and almost no new blood is getting into the game due to the difficulty and cost of compliance. I just completed a car for a customer who had been waiting for about 8 months and we finally resorted to getting bare steel bars and having them chromed locally (if you consider 100 miles away local). You might want to consider doing the same. By the way, the breeze bars are raw steel and have to be fitted to the car and welded. If you want them in chrome you’ll have to find a shop to have them done also.

Jeff
    Jeff
    Thanks for the info. You would hve thought the guy at FFR had that info and would have mentioned it. I'll wait another month or so and if they dont pony up I'll get my money back and go the Breeze route. There is a local shop that does my chroming I'll look into that as well.
    Allyn

Post Thanks / Like
    My car was delivered at the end of October. The roll bars came in February. So 4 months on back order.
    Mk IV, IRS, 302 w/EFI & T5, 15" wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    How much would you,want and I will get refund from FFR. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob24 View Post
    How much would you,want and I will get refund from FFR. Thanks
    Hey Bob, I’ll pm you with details as to discuss it further…

Doug
    Dj or Doug or TheLateDude
    ----- #19 of 25th Anniversary MKIV 9769 -----
    Build Link: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Slow-Progress
    Ordered: Oct 07, 2019 / Production: Dec 28th, 2019 / Shipped: Jan 19th, 2019 First Start: In the future... / Graduation: Even further in the future...