So, let's set the stage for this little tale of woe. I asked for recommendations for a dyno tuner to get my Coyote running right. There were a few issues that Ford said a tune would address, so I was anxious to get it done. I spoke to a few people on both forums and asked around town, and zeroed in on a shop about 25 miles from home. I made a date for 1PM on Monday, August 13th, and I arrived at 12:45. I waited 15 minutes before somebody decided to let me know that the dyno was down due to an electrical storm Saturday night. I never got an explanation for why no one could call me and tell me that so I wouldn't have wasted 3 hours traveling and waiting. They re-booked me for yesterday, again at 1 PM, and again, I arrived at 12:45. There was a car on the dyno when I got there, and the shop owner told me they were wrapping up and I was next. The guy whose car it was, however, had other plans. I guess he wasn't too pleased with the fact that his car got less HP after the tune than when he brought it in. That and the fact that it wouldn't idle and stunk like hell got him a little edgy, and he insisted they fix it before taking it off the dyno. Soooo, 3 1/2 hours later, they rolled me on and got started. The other guy is going back Saturday for another whack at it.

Anyway, they ordered the tune from SCT, uploaded it, and.....NO START! After my telling them at least 5 times that the ECU was NOT a production version, the ordered the tune for a stock 2010 5.0 Mustang. An hour later, SCT sent the proper file and they made one pull on the dyno at 391 RWHP . They then started screwing with it for another 2 hours, sometimes getting rid of the off-throttle stalling and sometimes getting rid of the gigantic flat spot at 3,000 RPM, but never both. At around 7PM, I was informed that "something had happened" and that the car was in "limp" mode, and they couldn't get the SCT tool to reconnect with the ECU. So, I now have a $30,000 brick that will run only at 1800 RPM, and not too well at that.

To top it off, the owner took off at 6PM and never came back, leaving his guys to flounder around on their own. I had to get a flatbed to come and get me home. To top it off, the second-in-command had the unmitigated gall to ask me if I could pay for the SCT tool ($375) immediately rather than when I came back for the rest of the job (fat friggin chance). I stumbled into the house at 9PM, so pissed I couldn't think straight.

I just sent an email to Ford Racing to see if I can get it reflashed, so we will await their response.