Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 07 Mustang

Post Thanks / Like

07 Mustang

Love the 33. Just joined yesterday. I have an 07 Mustang GT Stock. Has anyone had any trouble using one of these in the 33

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    jayilene,

IMHO I wouldn't tear down a decent car for a donor, personally. If it is in good running order, you would be better off - at least financially - by selling it off complete and buying either a "pallet donor" or a wrecked GT that you could tear down yourself and then sell of the rest of the unused carcass.

I'm sorry I don't have a direct answer to your question relating to your specific model year, but I wanted to add my .02 regarding the donor concept in general.

HTH,

PS Welcome to the forum!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO, I wouldn't want to tear a nice useable '07 GT but it's your car so do what you want. I'd sell it and use the money towards getting a complete '33 kit and a crate engine. If you have the money I'd buy a crate engine from TASCA motors. Got ours from them(2012 Ford "Coyote" Engine) runs amazing and just looks plain awesome sitting in the '33 I can't say that it will fit or not but I'd venture to say that it does. Welcome to this immense knowledge basket btw

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I'm working on an 07 with a customer right now and it's posed some serious challenges. They can be worked around but the fuel system and harness system very complex and even our wiring guru hasn't figured it all out yet. Like the others are saying, sell the car and go with an earlier donor or source a crate motor with a T5.

Post Thanks / Like
    TASCA motors? Got a website address for them? Thanks