Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My Dad passed away

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy My Dad passed away

My Dad passed away last week, Oct 18. He was 83. Over the last 10 years I didn't get to see my dad much, he lived up in Frankfort, KY. With me living in orlando, I just couldn't afford to go up there. Back in the beginning of July I talked to him and he didn't sound so good from the way he was talking. So at the end of july and first part of Aug. I flew up and rented a car to go see him. I got lost......lol, and I even planned ahead and all, but I found his house about an hour later. He lived out in the sticks, easy to miss a road sign....

So after seeing my dad for a few days and mostly talking about good ole times and asking where is was at with God and what was going on with himself. I knew he was in good hands, I knew he accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior way back.

Dad was on oxygen 24/7 for the last few years, so he really couldn't get around much, and with their 3 level house built off the side of a hill, Dad was pretty much confined to the 2nd floor (main).

As I was up there we talked about all the good times, like backpacking trips, funny memories etc.

I always remember some really good saying my Dad always told about common sense stuff.

My Dad wasn't a real hardcore car guy as much as I am, but he always backed when I was doing car stuff.

I was glad to see him before he passed away, which I know was more important then going to the funeral, which I won't be able to go to, just can't afford it, but Dad said don't worry about that, just glad to see me and talk. His wife and I talked the day Dad died and she said there wasn't going to be much of a funeral.

Still hasn't hit me yet, it probably will once I start going through some old pictures.

I'll miss my Dad

David
    Last edited by Vman7; 05-08-2015 at 11:06 PM.