I agree Pete - one of the most helpful 818 threads for sure! Sticky vote here too!

Since I am not signing up for engine rebuilding I have had my 2007 EJ255 engine upgraded by AndrewTech, arguably one of the finest Subaru shops. I haven't started a build thread yet, so let me pass on their sage advice that is not already very clear in this excellent thread (thanks LongIslandWRX!).

AndrewTech view an AOS or catch can setup as necessary for this engine. I went AOS as it requires less maintenance than catch cans, but they are equally effective.

The air pump system and TGVs need to go as they do very little in reality - easy Rasmus weight saving targets! As for the issue up there ^^^ and elsewhere of whether 06/07 air pump divers side pressure sensor needs to stay attached, AndrewTech said "no". I have an Accessport and, with all these deletes, you'll need one or another code delete solution in a state that uses the OBD2 for emissions testing (they do in MD).

AndrewTech said if I was driving the car in the winter in the DC area to keep the throttle body heat (AZPete can delete!). They also said to consider a lower opening temperature thermostat, but I will go OEM for now and swap out if needed since I am not planning on any serious racing and I've read that it can cause the engine never to get to optimum operating temp with street use. If you are building an R, that seems like a good mod to have.

I'll also be deleting the ugly header heat shields, wrapping them in titanium lava fiber, and seal with silicone spray. Better looking for sure. I'll also add the ZDM turbo heat shield.

Cheers

Dave