Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mk4 Roadster build

Post Thanks / Like

Mk4 Roadster build

I live in the Santa Clarita Valley 30 miles or so north of Los Angeles. Looking to find Factory Five Roadster owners nearby. Trying to get all the input I can to get my soon to arrive Mk4 started in the right direction.

Finally pulled the trigger - 15 year anniversary edition Mk4 Roadster arriving sometime in April.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Welcome to the So Cal FFR community.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wow, another one! My brother's arrives in Encino before the end of the month! Stay tuned for delivery party details!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome!!! Bill Roberston (Wantn2B) lives in SC, and I'm sure he'll check in here....Please be sure to post some pics when the car arrives....It will be an exciting day for sure!

K
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2011 Western Endurance Racing Championship
    2010 West Coast Champion
    Drive it.....Like you stole it!

Post Thanks / Like
    There's a MK4 kit arriving on Monday to a new owner in Thousand Oaks. Hoping to welcome it to the area.
    Mike
    FFR3321

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dey View Post
    There's a MK4 kit arriving on Monday to a new owner in Thousand Oaks. Hoping to welcome it to the area.
    Mike
    Hey, my MK4 is on the same truck! (assuming it's a Stewart truck). The driver is dropping several cars in California and then heading up to Oregon to drop my car off at the end of the week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems to be a popular place for new builds lately. I'm sure the weather has nothing to do with.
    It's never too early to start beefing up your obituary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got home from visiting a 15 Year Anniversary Roadster that was just delivered Thursday in Encino. I must say I am very pleased, the silver chassis and rear end are beautiful. Makes it so much more difficult to have to wait for mine to arrive. I beleive it's ready to ship at Factory Five. Just waiting for a truck from Stewart Transport. There is a chassis dolly and a fridge full of beer waiting in my garage. Not to mention the overly anxious FF5 customer also waiting.

Post Thanks / Like
    ccorso (ffcars.com) lives in Santa Clarita. I work with him and will let him know about you.
    Last edited by PERL; 03-28-2011 at 09:21 AM.

Silver Supporting Vendor Cameron Autosports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lmmarghertis,
    Good visiting with you this last weekend. Don't forget to call when it's time to take inventory. I'm in for a beer and check out that 15yr. collector.
    #5560 All New Build MkIII IRS, 8.8 Torsen, Koni's, 427Stroker, Tremac TKO600, Fuel Cell, Pin Drive, Hugger Orange/White, SB100 • www.photobucket.com/albums/pp333/n1722t
    Cameron Autosports, LLC.
    West Coast Builder and Restorer of Award Winning Carswww.cameronautosports.com
    Winner: FFR Huntington Beach 2011 BEST OF SHOW • Winner: AHA Pomona, Ca 2011 BEST OF SHOW, BEST ENGINE, 1st Place Cobra Class $50K and 1st Place Cobra Class $30-$50K.

Post Thanks / Like
    Getting close. David from Stewart Transport called and said I should have a 15 year anniversary Mk4 delivered Monday or Tuesday next week. Received an email from Factory Five informing me about a delivery from Moser ( 8.8 rear end ) scheduled for next monday.

It's going to be a long 4/5 days. Time to polish up the garage and maybe paint the body buck. What else am I going to do.

Will post actual scheduled arrival date when the Steward driver is closer to California. I think he should be near Arizona for a couple of deliveries there.

Photos to follow sometime next week.