818S Photo by Steve Temple

It's a busy week coming up with production ramp-up, windtunnel testing, next Friday's Ultimate Track Car Challenge Race, and we'll be hosting a major magazine road test of the street car. I'm excited about the 818 project and I wish I had more time to update you guys, but everyone here is working 10 hour days. I'll have a lot more news after next week, but I recently read something from my favorite auto-journalist and fellow UW grad, Peter Egan, that really describes how I feel about the new 818.

"If it hadn't been created, there wouldn't be anything remotely like it. Like most great things, it filled a gap we didn't even know was there." - Peter Egan in reference to the Porsche 911

I swear Peter must have been thinking about the 818 when he wrote that because there really isn't any other car like it. Here are a few photos from a recent road test by Steve Temple from Kit Car Builder Magazine (issue to be on newsstands soon).

Tech guru Tony Zullo drives the street car shortly after Open House 2013.

Ops Director Nate (left) and Chassis Assembly Master Fred (right) with a week's worth of 818S production. Yes, if you noticed, the nose section is mounted to the tail for shipping!