Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fryguy's 818R with 2004 STI Donor Build Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fryguy's 818R with 2004 STI Donor Build Thread

Another Seattle 818R build here. I posted a couple threads related to issues I was having, but figured it is time to create a build thread. I have learned a lot from others' threads. Hopefully my thread returns the favor.

I ordered the frame unpainted since I figured I would need to make a few modifications. Boy was I right. I have already done a lot of cutting, welding, and grinding.

My kit options are:
    • CF Race Splitter
    • CF Rocker Panels
    • CF Rear Diffuser
    • 6-Speed

My donor is a 2004 STI that I had tracked for over 10 years (original owner). It was a bit bored with it and needed to spend a little on some maintenance. So I talked myself into doing the 818R instead . I knew going into this that the 6-speed will present some challenges. My old STI also had upgraded knuckles for 5x114, too. Basically 2005-2007 knuckles. This will require some modifications, too.

The initial plan was to get started with mounting the motor and trans in the chassis and modifying the 6-speed. Unfortunately, I ran into issues with the 6-speed conversion. Moved on to the interior modifications.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fryguy; 03-09-2015 at 02:43 AM.