Hooray for internet on a computer with a keyboard! Something's been up with the internet at home. Maybe a storm took out phone lines (we're cheap...have the simple DSL), maybe the modem burned itself up again?

Quote Originally Posted by matteo92065 View Post
yet again, nice work!
I worry a little about how the cables are going to bend around/over/under the bell-housing/motor. It took me three iterations, on my shift linkage, to minimize cable bend.
Here's a quick shot from this am. I had already pulled the cable through to work on the tunnel so the end isn't in the right position, but the overall placement is there. Minimum bend radius for the cable is 4". My problem is going to be securing the cable so it doesn't bang on things. I relocated my alternator to the side to mount my FPR on the manifold. I might move the FPR to the firewall, move the alternator back to the middle. That'll give me a lot more room.

Quote Originally Posted by RM1SepEx View Post
I don't like how my 7 foot cables have to bow up under my fuel lines beneath the intake but I didn't realize how short 6 footer would be!
Yeah, they're pretty short. I'll need ~6" extensions in front and 10" extensions in the rear. 7 footers would have been nice but no one had them in stock. It's almost good though, because if this cable mounting location works it makes for a much smaller, more compact bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley818 View Post
And if you have been following Mechie's thread...... he sets a high bar on the fun factor of the build.
This whole build has been a bit of a dream in the making. Everyday I'm thankful to the guy upstairs for access to CNC's and everything else. All those years watching OC choppers and overhaulin' on TV wishing I could do that, and now I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight View Post
VERY slick linkage setup Mechie!!! I think there is definitely a market for those parts.

My only question is: Is there enough room for the cables to clear the inner CV joint? That forward most bracket looks a bit low which may cause clearance issues, and may also force the cable to be bent up at a tight angle to clear the top of the engine block, but it could be just the camera angle.

I love the ball bearing in the bell crank... very professional.
Thanks. The ball bearing was a freebie. We have a whole box of them sitting around from an old product that were saved just for the "what if" scenario. I think the camera angle makes it look closer than in will be. It'll bow up and around the starter. I made the cable mount modular so that if I have to change it I can just redo the flat plate and not the more time intensive angle brackets.

Once I get this finished I'll get it quoted. Only one of these parts can be laser cut, the others have to be milled. I'm not going back to the same shop that has now spent 5months getting me parts (of which he has 1/2 the payment as per our agreement of 1/2 at order, 1/2 at delivery )