Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2011 Coupe for the 25 Hours

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

2011 Coupe for the 25 Hours

After an eventful run at the 25 Hours of Thunderhill in 2010, the Coupe spent a little more than a month in the Riverside International Automotive Museum where visitors and staff truly enjoyed having a "fresh" racecar (track grime and filthy) off the racetrack. We brought the Coupe home on January 22, and have been busy "recovering" the Coupe and all of its systems ever since.

Lots of changes in the rear suspension system, including a compete relocation and re-specing of the shocks thanks to the great braintrust that is the community. Andy did the work, and I was the lucky dawg that got to drive it this weekend (Woo! Hoo!), and I'll defer to Hank Lopez, Mark Dougherty, Jim Schenck, David Borden, and others to post pictures and explain the changes, as from the first test, they're monumentally awesome in performance!!

I ran the Coupe in the TT group at Infineon, and in a field of 30+ awesome cars/drivers, placed on the podium in class both days....The car is the best ever, and turns on a dime with virtually NO body roll, no dive, no bump steer....Nothin' but outstanding on-track performance.....Here's some pics....It happened...Thanks everyone!!! This was the best weekend ever!!!!
    Karen

Last edited by vnmsss; 04-15-2011 at 12:16 AM.
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2011 Western Endurance Racing Championship
    2010 West Coast Champion
    Drive it.....Like you stole it!