In 2016 I purchased an un-assembled Mk3 and I have now completed the build. I did the entire build myself, including the engine and paint. I did not do a build thread since it was an older Mk3, but I did benefit greatly from the forum. Edwardbs build threads were my go to threads. I'm convinced he owns stock in Mcmaster-Carr, I buy a lot of hardware from them now. Although I've done some limited painting in the past, Srobinsonx2's body work thread with the built in advice (and commentary) from the two Jeffs gave me the confidence to do my own paint. And KDubU's picture of his Viking Blue roadster was my inspiration and screen saver for two years. I loved the Viking Blue color, but in the end I went with Antigua Blue and Wimbeldon White stripes. I now have my own screen saver.

And thanks to everyone who responded to my posts. For those of you who are just starting a build don't be shy about asking for help, these guys all love to help. I did take a lot of pictures during the build and I am in the process of uploading them to my gallery. I'm planning to do a simple post build thread with an index, descriptions and links to my various albums. I learned a lot by looking at others pictures and hopefully others will benefit from mine.

The car is titled, tagged and insured. I have a little over 400 miles on it now, including an autocross event, and it runs great. I'm still waiting on some sun visors and door panels, but other than that its done. Now I get to work on the stuff that's really important around here, the honey do list.