Looking for suggestions on what to do to improve the performance of my Wilwood manual brake setup. Kit is a 2015 Mk4 with the old style IRS. 12.88" 6-piston front brakes and 12.19" single piston rears. Wilwood pedal box with two individual master cylinders, 3/4" front and 5/8" rear. Brake pads are Wilwood BP-10 front and back. Brakes were properly bedded per the Wilwood instructions. Balance bar is roughly centered. No signs of air in the system, as it's been bled multiple times and the pedal is high and firm.

Issue is that the braking performance isn't what I expected given the size of the brakes and the weight of the car. Fully expected that this thing would stop on a dime, but braking is mediocre at best. Pedal effort is fairly high, which I did expect, but the stopping distance is longer than I think it should be, particularly with cold brake pads. Improves a bit with some heat in the pads, but still not great. Not sure that it would be possible to lock the brakes, as the rate of deceleration just isn't that high.

I initially thought I may have had too much rear brake bias, so I've been slowly increasing the bias to the front a little bit before each drive. Can't say that's helped all that much. Maybe I haven't gone far enough or maybe that's not the issue. I've read that the performance will improve over time, so maybe I'm just being impatient (only a couple hundred miles on the car so far). Thinking of replacing the BP-10 pads with something with a bit more initial bite. Hawks HPS 5.0 compound looks good, or maybe one of the other Wilwood offerings. But don't want to sheetcan a set of new pads if I don't have to.

My plan is to find a deserted parking lot and set the balance bar progressively toward the rear until the rears lock first. Then go the other way a couple turns to safeguard against that happening in actual usage. At that point I'll have the front/rear bias optimized and maybe I'll be good to go. Or maybe the performance just isn't ever gonna be great until I go ahead and swap out the pads. Curious what the feedback is like from other owners running the Wilwood manual brake setup. Would very much like to hear comments and/or suggestions for things I could set up differently.

Thanks.

-Karl