Took 8650 out for its first taste of the road! I finally got a new brake line installed from the junction at the DS front wheel to the PS front wheel on Saturday. Everything is nice and tight – no leaks! I also got new wiring connectors in place (weather pack) for the ignition and fuel pump connections, so it was time to hit the road.

It wasn’t fast, it wasn’t far, it wasn’t long, but it was its first trip. The worst part was waiting for all the traffic on our street! I just took it up the block, turned around and came back. It didn’t take much to break the rear end loose in 2nd gear on the way back. That was a little unnerving in a car with a “free floating” seat and no belts.

With its maiden voyage under its belt, I let it run for a while in the driveway. The fan kicked on and there were no leaks in the cooling system. The only problem I found is that my temp gauge isn’t registering anything. Either my wiring is faulty or I did something wrong on the sender. I need to get the tach working correctly, too.

Next up: get the alignment done then I can take it out for further “testing”. Here’s the video: