This is my last day in the workforce after 42 yrs. Seems like forever ago that I was a brand new 2LT in the Army leaving home to seek my fortune and fame!! Lots of places, people, and miles since then for sure.

I'm looking forward to spending more time with my wife, grandkids, and of course my Mk4. Although I'm not very far down the path, I'm loving the build experience and now have the opportunity to ramp up my game. It will be the perfect retirement project I know.

I'd be remiss if I didn't acknowledge all of the friends, family, and mentors (and detractors) who have influenced me throughout my career. I also acknowledge the two friends who passed away this past year. One was 3 months from retirement and the other was 5 weeks into retirement. Both were sudden and unexpected and their passing gave me the resolve to retire now.

For all of you who are in, at, or close to retirement - congratulations. For those who are not yet there - get here as soon as you can! They say "retirement is the best job you can have."