I知 really excited to fire up my Gen 2 Coyote for the first time tomorrow, but I知 having a strange issue with the check engine light!

The background is that I ended up cutting the stock check engine light that came beside the OBD port and soldered in my own 12V LED which I知 mounting in the dashboard.

Tonight I connected the battery for the first time and I noticed that the check engine light illuminated right away.

My first thought was maybe I had the ACC and ignition turned on or wired incorrectly, but I checked and there is no power anywhere else in the car. So I知 pretty sure that the power going to that light is coming from the PCM clock power/HAAT (or whatever you call the power that you supply to the computer at all times). I can turn on the ignition switch and I can hear the (PCM controlled) fuel pump turn on, so I think the ignition power is wired correctly.

Question: should I assume it痴 not normal for the check engine light to be on when the car is just sitting there with all power turned off? (other than the PCM HAAT power)

I知 wondering if maybe I need to wire a resistor in my LED?